Kitchen Gadgets

Started by Kell, August 31, 2007, 09:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

After giving this some thought, the gadget that I get the most use out of are my Nuscup adjustable measuring utensils. One measures 1/2 C to 2 tablespoon; and the other measures 2T to 1/8 teaspoon. The measure both dry and liquid ingredients, and are well made.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

begolf25

Acords and Payson,
You guys are making me thirsty!

A few of my favorite gadgets,

Magic Bullet
Foodsaver
Iced Tea Maker - I think I go through a gallon of iced tea a day..lol

Payson

Quote from: begolf25 on September 06, 2007, 05:41:52 AM
Acords and Payson,
You guys are making me thirsty!

A few of my favorite gadgets,

Magic Bullet
Foodsaver
Iced Tea Maker - I think I go through a gallon of iced tea a day..lol

So the magic bullet is worth the money? I've been skeptical! Is it worthwhile if you've already got a mini-processor?

iceman

Quote from: Payson on September 06, 2007, 09:27:07 AM
So the magic bullet is worth the money? I've been skeptical! Is it worthwhile if you've already got a mini-processor?
I use mine all the time. Makes quick smoothies, and I do small batches of salsa and pesto with it. It's nice to just pop it off the motor and twist a top on and into the refer.
I keep one at work for making small batches of soup in the microwave. Just toss in some broccoli or asparagus with some broth and zap til it's cooked then add some cream and blend it up and it's instant soup time. Best of all it's a one cup clean up. :)

begolf25

I always wanted one but never purchased one because I read a lot of bad reviews. But someone got one for us for our wedding and I love it.

I use mine every morning to make a smoothie for breakfast. I also use it for things like Iceman does, salsa, dips, etc.  We also have a mini food processor but the Magic Bullet makes for much easier clean up, IMO.

Kell

Quote from: iceman on September 06, 2007, 10:28:29 AM
Quote from: Payson on September 06, 2007, 09:27:07 AM
I use mine all the time. Makes quick smoothies, and I do small batches of salsa and pesto with it. It's nice to just pop it off the motor and twist a top on and into the refer.
I keep one at work for making small batches of soup in the microwave. Just toss in some broccoli or asparagus with some broth and zap til it's cooked then add some cream and blend it up and it's instant soup time. Best of all it's a one cup clean up. :)

I have 3 blenders and still bought a Magic Bullet.  It does individual smoothie's for after the gym workouts.

dflick

Ahhh....love gadgets

Vacuum sealer
large and small juicers....manual versions
Electric knife sharpener when I am too darned lazy for the Edge Pro.
fuzzy logic rice cooker.  Best purchase ever.
Hot water kettle.  Boiling water in less than 5 minutes.
Old style potato peeler for retrieving capers from the jar.
Various and sundry BBQ and Smoker remote temp sensors.

NePaSmoKer

The bullet is great.

Not enough room to list all my gadgets

nepas