• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Help with PID and Probe Please

Started by rstans, November 26, 2007, 04:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rstans

First I would like to thank everyone for this outstanding forum!  I have been lurking here ever since my wife ordered the OBS for my birthday and have found a wealth of information here. 

I'm expecting delivery of the OBS tommorrow!  Everything else arrived including the stuff to build my PID... but I just noticed that the Thermocouple is just a cable with threads on the end - do I need to screw a probe on the end of that?  If so, where can I get one?  None of the instructions I have read shows or discusses the need for an end for this cable.  Hopefully, I don't need one (I want to get this thing going after it arrives tommorrow!)

Thank you all in advance for your input.
rstans

Mr Walleye

Rstans... Welcome to the forum!

Are you using the Auber TC? I think the Auber TC looks the way you described it if I remember correctly. There are a few people here who have used this one but I'm not sure who.

You will see most are using the Omega TC including me which has a more standard looking probe. It's also a more heavy duty TC. More expensive too.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

rstans

Yeah, I'm using the Auber one for now... I will get a better one in the future.  Thanks
Stans

Ted

I ordered one from Omega.  I am very happy with it.  Solid cronstruction and "custom" made.

rstans

Do you have a part number for the Omega?   I'm prob gonna change out the TC soon.
Waiting for UPS to deliver the OBS.... it's out for delivery from Cerritos, hope it gets here soon; plan to do the seasoning today and try to smoke some pork butts for pulled pork tomorrow morning.  I will post pictures if everything comes out right!  ;D
Thanks
Stans

Mr Walleye

Stans

Here are the parts I ordered.

Round face Mini Panel Jack Model RMJ-K-R
T/C Assembly W/Trans Joint Model TJ96-CASS-316U-3-SB-SMPW-M

The "96" is the length of the wire. I wanted it 8 feet long because of my setup.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

rstans

Thanks Bro, I will order it when I figure out a way to re-wire the PID - the power cords don't work... I did not know they changed the in/out power cords on the new units...... sucks!
Stans