New 6 rack Bradley Digital isn't working

Started by mcegoon, December 08, 2007, 06:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcegoon

:'(

Hey all,

Just hooked up my new Bradley Digital Smoker. Problem seems to be the oven side turns on but the smoker side (smoker on/off button) will not power up. When I hit the smoker power on/off I get nothing on the display. It's just dark. The oven will light up, but I have not tested to see if it indeed works either. TIA for any ideas. I had this one shipped from Cabellas.

Wildcat

Do not have the digital myself, but I would suggest you dobule check all connections, fuses, and possibly even proper voltage at the outlet.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

mcegoon

Checked the only fuse on it. Took a close look for any sensors that might have been tripped? I wonder if there are any safety switches or sensors on the digital smoking unit that could be tripped?

Wildcat

Not sure.  It may have a high temp breaker in it.  There are some very knowing electrical folks on this forum that should be able to help you out better than I.  Some times the cords do not make a good connection where they all plug in.  That is why I suggested that.  If you are utilizing an extension cord, try connecting directly to the outlet instead.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

mcegoon

WC, Thanks. I'll try plugging directly in but it seems kind of "broken" that the oven side "works" but not the smoker side.  :'(

Mr Walleye

It certainly sounds like it could be a problem that will require a call to Bradley. If you have power to the tower side you should have power to the smoke generator. You are correct there is only one fuse for both. I would think your cords are ok as well because you have power to the tower. There was someone on the forum that for some reason had a problem pushing the button hard enough (big fingers). You may want to make sure you are giving it a good push. I would also make sure the small sensor wire is plugged in, even try reversing it. The only other thing I can think of is if a wire came off inside the generator during shipping. The generator is not difficult to take apart if you wanted to check.

If all else fails don't hesitate to call Bradley about it.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

mcegoon

;D

FIXED! I'm not sure what I did, but I took the case apart and reseated the plug coming off the digital display. Then, I jammed that smoker button a few times and it lit up. I think I might have been not pushing hard enough all along. The smoker button is altogether different feel than the oven. Maybe someone should put up a "sticky" on that here. Thanks !

Arcs_n_Sparks

mcegoon,

Glad to hear the electrons are going where they should.

Arcs_n_Sparks

mcegoon

Man! It's 10:30pm here. Got a little delayed with the that problem and missed dinner ... I wonder, can I smoke a frozen pizza? 8)

Mr Walleye

Glad it worked out for you Mcegoon!

Keep us posted on your smokin' projects.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

KyNola

Glad it fired up for you.  My guess is you weren't making good contact with the button.  It takes a firm push and then you feel it "click".  Welcome to the forum.  The veterans on here are really good about helping out the new guys like us.  Let us know how your ventures go.

KyNola