• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

beginner needs help

Started by huntfishguy, December 28, 2007, 08:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consiglieri

HFG:

Here's a good technique I picked up here for cooking butts (attributable to Icerat4):

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=4528

Good luck!
Consiglieri

huntfishguy

Guys,

Thanks for all the help and info from everyone who replied. I am at it again this weekend with a small butt and a 4lb chicken. I took last weekend's leftovers to work for a 3rd opinion with my "made from scratch" BBQ sauce and pulled pork (finished in the crock pot). One of my guys had cooked competatively with his father at rib contests said my stuff was absolutely fab!  He went on to say "it's a good day for the office because Joe got a smoker" 

I am starting the butt Friday after work. This way when I get back at 10am after hunting deer, I'll have some succulent animal flesh to sink thy teeth into!

Hopefully I'll have some backstraps to grill or smoke Saturday night. Anyone have an OBS recipe for backstraps? send it on!

Happy friggin' New Year!

Hunt

La Quinta

Thank God no pictures...someone mentioned prime rib...

Smoking Duck

I don't have a recipe for backstraps, but I guess I would do it much like a tenderloin.  I would make sure to use bacon either on top of the backstrap or over it in a tray as the backstrap is a very lean piece of meat.  It won't take long for it to be done in the BS.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

huntfishguy

Ta Da!  14 hours at 200, IT of 195 and the pork just pulled off the bone. My wife thinks I am crazy to get up at 3am to mop the roast!

Do all the newbies get this excited and post their achievements? I consider myself a Gourmet cook of sorts and always knew there was a budding smoked meat guy inside. I am told my true test will be the brisket.

News at 11

West Coast Kansan

:D  :D  :D huntfishguy, no it is only you 8) Much moe fun ahead

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

La Quinta

Huntfishguy...I get jazzed up everytime I smoke something (especially new stuff!) most of the time we can't remember what the hell we did to make it so good but that's the fun!!! I think beer and bourbon play a part in the memory loss...but WHO CARES!!! It's fun!! And it tastes good!!! :)

LiL Smokie

Huntfishguy,
   I'm new to this too and I am having a great time
Vise-Gripper