Experiment

Started by winemakers, January 05, 2008, 03:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winemakers

Bought a pork loin at the local bargin club for a silly price and am trying a new experiment.  I took a +/-3lb chunk (about 12") and with a long slicing knife slit that little pork puppy into your basic jelly roll shape for stuffing.  Reveo'ed with cy mustard, time, s+p, and garlic.  Stuffed with fresh dill, thyme, and cilantro.   Trussed with string, smoked with apple, and now am forcing in the oven for a pre 7 pm family dinner.  I have high hopes.

In conjunction, collard greens, mashed turnips, and fruit of the kids choice.  And, oh, yeah, another beer.

All the makings of a good evening. ;D

West Coast Kansan

You should post your address to complete the experiment.  ;D Should like a great dinner.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Mr Walleye

Sounds really good Winemakers!

Make sure you let us know how it turns out.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

winemakers

Burp........snore

Good stuff and I (besides misspelling time/thyme) missed mentioning the gorganzola scattered throughout.  Came out very nicely.  Full flavor, a little dry, but I suspect that is directly related to forcing in a 350 deg oven so I could feed the kids before that had to eat dinner in bed.  Nice flavor and the aromatics permeated well.

Cleveland is blessed with the west side market.  This place helps to stretch your culinary ideas, hence the collards in January.  This place is a circa 1920's open booth market with say 75 plus stalls.  These range from about 20 butchers, bakers, produce, just a really cool experience.  Anyone want a piglet?, there's one available, goat anybody?

My kids and I always make an adventure of it and try and count how many different languages we hear.  Then their mantra begins.....Dad is it time for the apple fritters?  These puppies are as big as your hand (mine not theirs) and I can stretch my butcher window shopping 45 min. if I slip one a piece into their eager little mitts.  Really cool place, awsome produce as fresh as it gets, cool fruits, nice folks and great pricing.  Makes for a fun dad/sons(x2) Sat. morning.

mld

Mr Walleye

Winemakers

Congrats on the pork loin! Sounds great!   ;)

I could only wish I had access to a market like that!  :'(

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

iceman

Man what I wouldn't give for a place like that to shop at. Closest I get is Pikes Place in Seattle each year. There's a place in Weslake CA. that has a great market that I could spend all week in (forgot the name of it). Your lucky winemakers. (Both family and market wise). :)