• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Greatest Story Ever Told

Started by Smoking Duck, April 25, 2008, 09:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking Duck

Guys and Gals,

I like to consider myself a pretty tough guy when it comes to emotions.  I don't mind telling you that today was the closest I've come to tears since the whole ordeal of losing my job and then the house fire.

I was out looking for work today and when I arrived home there was a package waiting for me.  I wasn't quite sure why there would be a package as I certainly wasn't expecting anything.  However, when I opened the package, I absolutely could not believe my eyes.  Inside of it was 3 boxes of bisquettes, rib racks, chicken racks and a beer can chicken holder.

Now, I've always felt that this site was a great place, but never in my wildest dreams did I expect to have this place become what I would consider a place that would help restore my belief in the kindness of men.

There was a note in the box that read: "Marc and Family, Please accept this.  All I ask is put it to good use.  Thanks, A Fellow Bradley Smoker."  I wish I knew who this person was so I could gratefully thank him or her.  But, this person chose to remain anonymous.  My hope is that I can one day pay it forward just as he or she did.

To those who have offered encouraging words (and there are many), my heartfelt gratitude goes out to you.  To the person who sent the package, words cannot express how much you have lifted my spirits.  To be so kind and thoughtful to a family you have never met in person, goes beyond the call in what has become such a callous society.  Words alone cannot express what the gift has meant to me, so I'll simply leave it at Thank You.

Marc

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

iceman

It sure made my day just to read this Duck man. I truly believe the people on this forum are of the best caliber there is. My thanks go out to the person who did this.
Hats off to all the wonderful folks out there.
Pat

Wildcat

I agree Ice.  There are some nice folks on here.  This gesture is to be applauded and Marc, perhaps someday you will be in a situation where you can make a difference in someones life as well.  I sure hope you find a wonderful job soon.

Rick
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Mr Walleye

That is a great story Marc and I couldn't agree more with you guys on the calibre of the people on this forum.

An outstanding gesture "Anonymous Bradley Smoker"!  8)

Good luck on the job search Marc.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

I have to agree with everyone.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Tiny Tim

I have nothing to add, but I wanted to get in here too.  Yer a good Duck and you deserve it.  Also, Anon...you're pretty awesome too.

Ontrack

Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside to know I'm a small part of such a great group of people. You do deserve it Duck. Maybe some day you'll know who did it, maybe you won't. But it won't matter. Good things have a way of happening to good people.

Smoking Duck

Yep, guys you're right.  I feel lucky to be a part of a great group.  But, the real story is not my plight......the real story is of the awesome kindness shown by the anonymous person.  I certainly don't feel like I deserved anything special.....Lord knows, there are people who are a lot worse off than I.  I just can't seem to get over the warmth and generosity of the act.....especially when you're dealing with the internet, which can at times bring out the worse with a person being anonymous.  In this case, this special person has just grown a bigger set of wings in Heaven, in my humble opinion.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

West Coast Kansan

That is a very cool - and someone is feeling very rewarded already just knowing how much you appreciated the gesture.

This is a good place.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

manxman

What a wonderful story  :)

Thanks for posting it Marc and the best of luck in your job search.
Manxman

KyNola

Now that is pretty cool.  Good for you Duck!  Thanks to the unknown smoker.

Larry

pensrock

Nothing I can say that has not already been said. I felt welcomed here from my first post and feel this is like one big family of great people. Good luck Duck and to the anonymous sender ..... your someone special.

Smudge

Well, not to turn the spotlight, but my dog has run away from home. He was my bestest friend.

Dear anonymous, I'll provide you with my mailing address. Thank you.

bigredsmoker

That story got me all choked up as well. Smokers are truely extrodinary people, at least the smokers on this forum are. I am so glad I found this wonderful group of people.