• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

cheese is done pork tenderloin is in!

Started by SmokinHotPapa, January 27, 2008, 01:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinHotPapa

well gang I smoked horseradish, pepperjack, mozzarella, and swiss, now i have to wait like 10 days before the ash try taste goes away right? Anyway the pork tenderloin is in and looks great cant wait to eat that son of gun! ;D

bigredsmoker

Hey Papa, I think you'll like the cheese. It does get better the longer you wait. I have some I the fridge that are coming up on a month and they are getting really good. Did some cheddar which we have been using on tacos and it is great. I can't wait until my provolone is ready to try on pizza! Let us know how the tenderloin turns out.

Terry

Ontrack

I'd say at least a week, papa, and it should be OK. If you're fortunate enough to have any left in 3-4 weeks, you won't beleive the difference. Every pack I open is better than the last. I did my last cheese about a week before Christmas, still eating it, but about to run out.  :( Not a problem, I think we have plenty of cold smoking weather left. :P

La Quinta

Must be nice OnT...we have maybe...2 weeks...tops...and it'll rain a lot of that :(

SmokinHotMama

Papa did a good job!  The cheese looks great!  Can't wait to try it....  And as for the pork tenderloin...  We rubbed it with "oiker" rub before we put it in the BDS and it was FABULOUS!  I loved every part of it...  It was really good!  Papa is gettin' the hang of the smoker...  Yippppeeeee for mama!  LOL   ;D
Life is too short...  Nothing but FUN!

La Quinta

Oinky rub is killer isn't it? Glad it all came out Pops...Nothing better then making Mama happy...keep posting man...(just no prime rib til after the 9th...ok?) :) :) :)

Ontrack

Heeeeey LQ-You don't know me very well, do you? I would be happy if I never saw the temp drop below 70 degrees for the rest of my life. I would give up cold smoking forever (or do the box setup deal) if I could just never see another winter. After thinking about it, I guess you don't know me at all, except knowing about my bad habits, what I like to eat, and anything else that I've posted on here...wait, maybe yo DO know me pretty well! ;)

Gizmo

OnTrack, Sounds like you and MR Walleye want to debate Al G. on his global warming issue.  (PS: I think he invented it with the internet).
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Gizmo on January 28, 2008, 06:40:06 PM
OnTrack, Sounds like you and MR Walleye want to debate Al G. on his global warming issue.  (PS: I think he invented it with the internet).

That would be interesting... Set his a$$ outside in this weather and have him explain it to us.  :D

Somehow I think it would be a short storey!  :D  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes