Serrano Peppers and Iceman's BBQ Jars....

Started by Oldman, March 21, 2008, 05:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

For years I've looked for a pepper that we get here on a Chicago Styled hot dog. It is called here spore pepper. Well it looks like it is a serrano pepper. They come in a can here. So after I open up the can I just put them into one of Iceman's BBQ Jars...

Now I  have a great pepper for the dog...
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

I have to try that. Next to Tabasco peppers, Serrano's are my next favorite.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

pensrock

I like Serrano's also but my favorite has to be Cayenne. A friend of mine gave me some seeds for the 'NAGA' peppers. From what he said it's the new world record as far as Scoville units are concerned, over 1 million! I'm not sure what I'll do whet the peppers if I get any but we'll think of something. Maybe some really kicked up Chipoltes?  ;)  ;)  ;D

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

pensrock

Wow.... :o he was in some pain, I thought he was going to upchuck but I guess he made it through ok.
Hmmmm smoked nagas ground into a fine powder...... now what could I do with that?  ;D

Gizmo

Quote from: pensrock on March 22, 2008, 08:17:13 AM
Wow.... :o he was in some pain, ...... now what could I do with that?  ;D

What ever you want but I would stay away from getting it on your skin.   ;)
Years ago a radio show did a contest eating food with Blairs 2 AM on it.  The winner apparently had gotten some on his hands and made the mistake of making an adjustment while wearing shorts and driving home.  He apparently didn't make home.  :'(
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

Pens...first inclination answer would be to throw them out and bathe in lye!!! Ya know just in case ya got any on any freakin part of your body?? Next answer would be....throw them out and bathe in lye!!! :) I like spicey..but nuclear should be left to people like Arcs and "O". :)

pensrock

I know I'll have to try them for myself. Not a whole pepper like that guy did but a small slice of one. It may hurt for fifteen minutes or so but I would never give someone else something that I have not tried myself. The guy who gave me the seeds is a real pepper head. He took some chips and added several things including ground up naga, and tossed them together. I do not know how much naga was on them but they were really good, One thing about those chips, eating one or two really allowed you to taste the pepper but after a handful and the heat started to grow, you knew it was going to be HOT, and it lasted for quite a while. But we have a short growing season in PA. and I do not have a greenhouse so with the nagas being a 120 day plant, I do not know if I will even get any mature fruits. Right now the plants are only an inch or two high, they were planted on Valentines day. Maybe some naga in Icemanns sauce? LOL... just kidding.

NePaSmoKer

your right pens

grind that bad boy up into some powder. Thats what i do with my ancho peppers.

i have some 2.5 million scovel unit pepper liquid. 1 drop heats 10 gallons of chili. I have to handle the liquid with rubber gloves on its so hot.

nepas