Scored big at Cabelas Bargin Cave

Started by drano, March 23, 2008, 11:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drano

Drove past a Cabelas yesterday, and of course, had to drop in. 
I looked around in the Bargain Cave and immediately recognized an OBS smoke generator.  No power cord, no biscuit tower.  I asked for a price, and the worker had to ask the supervisor.  They thought the smoker was there too, but was no where to be found. 
I was thinking $15-20 would be a good price to have a spare generator on hand. 
The supervisor made a price tag for $5!  What a bargain!
I took it to the smoker department, grabbed a power cord from the floor model and plugged it in.
Power light came on--good sign.
Pushed biscuit advance--worked as advertised (didn't wait 20 minutes for auto puck advance)
Heat plate--heated up beyond the point I could touch it, so I figure it works too. 
So I got lucky and scored a bargain.  Now I need to get a power cord since my OBS is an older model with the main power cord permanently attached.  I think the current cords are the same as computer cords.  Worst case, I'll cut wires and attach my own cord. 
Sometimes my current generator goes crazy on puck feed and just keeps feeding one after the other.  I'll try the Cabelas one on my next smoke, and if it works correctly, it will become the primary, and my original will go on the shelf as the spare. 

Get smoken
drano

Mr Walleye

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: drano on March 23, 2008, 11:41:46 AM

Drove past a Cabelas yesterday, and of course, had to drop in. 
I looked around in the Bargain Cave and immediately recognized an OBS smoke generator.  No power cord, no biscuit tower.  I asked for a price, and the worker had to ask the supervisor.  They thought the smoker was there too, but was no where to be found. 
I was thinking $15-20 would be a good price to have a spare generator on hand. 
The supervisor made a price tag for $5!  What a bargain!
I took it to the smoker department, grabbed a power cord from the floor model and plugged it in.
Power light came on--good sign.
Pushed biscuit advance--worked as advertised (didn't wait 20 minutes for auto puck advance)
Heat plate--heated up beyond the point I could touch it, so I figure it works too. 
So I got lucky and scored a bargain.  Now I need to get a power cord since my OBS is an older model with the main power cord permanently attached.  I think the current cords are the same as computer cords.  Worst case, I'll cut wires and attach my own cord. 
Sometimes my current generator goes crazy on puck feed and just keeps feeding one after the other.  I'll try the Cabelas one on my next smoke, and if it works correctly, it will become the primary, and my original will go on the shelf as the spare. 

Get smoken
drano

Dont sound like the Cabelas i work at  :o

nepas

drano

Yep, my one great deal for the year.  Now back to paying the real price for stuff . . .
Drano

gscheig

At the Cabelas bargain cave, they will deal if the item has been there a while.  I have often had them knock 30% to 50% ADDITIONAL off the price they had.  Always ask, the worst they will say is "no"

Greg

westernhunter

LOTS of the stuff in the bargain cave is FAR from a bargain.....but sometimes you get lucky.  I have a couple times and you sure did!!

If we are not supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat??