• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Generator Hot Plate

Started by SmokinLarry, December 01, 2004, 03:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinLarry

I notice that the first bisquette was only half burnt up when it hit the water bowl. I put the bisquettes in, started the generator and advance the first bisquette to the hot plate. Should a person let the hot plate heat up before advancing the bisquettes??

Sure will be glad when my Bubbu Pucks arrive from Chez. Thanks you guys out there for letting me know about these.

Habanero Smoker

It takes a while for the hot plate to heat up. I always turn the hot plate on the same time I preheat the cabinet, this also quickens the time the cabinet get to your set temperature. Just before I get ready to smoke, I then load the bisquettes and advance them to the hot plate.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

SmokinLarry

nsxbill

I usually preheat the cabinet to about 225° and about 10 minutes prior to meat, turn on the smoke generator to give it a heat-up.  When I put in the meat, I hit the advance button three times and let the magic happen.  I am using the guru for temp management, and the heat from the smoke generator and the cathode tube work together to get the temp back to set temp quicker.

This is just too easy!

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

SmokinLarry

Sorry but i don't know guru.[:(]

MallardWacker

Larry,

Simply put:  Preheat the BS up to 250 or so for about an hour+/- with the smoke <u>generator on</u>~~~~<u>then leave it on </u>until the cooking is over.

Place your meat in and wait for the temp to come back up, then adjust as needed.HTH

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...