• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoked Sliders

Started by westexasmoker, May 07, 2008, 07:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

This is a variation of a ground beef fattie, but the kids love'em!!!

2 lbs. ground meat of your choice (I like to grind up sirloin steak, trimmed of fat)
8-10 slices of bacon; cooked and crumbled
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all in a bowl and form 2 1/2 inch patties; into your preheated smoker at 220 for 20 minutes of smoke , your choice (we like mesquite or hickory) and then finish on the grill.  I suppose you could finish in the smoker if you preferred, I like the combo of smoke and grill flavor.

For the sauce/spread

1 cup mayo
1/2 cup mustard
1/4 cup ketchup
couple dashes of tabasco
2-3 tbls pickled jalapenos

In a large skillet melt 3 tablespoons butter, slice two sweet onions thinly, cook stiring often about 15 minutes until caramelized

For buns use any brand parkerhouse rolls, allow to rise and bake as instructed on package

Hot out of the oven, split and apply sauce to bottom half (and top if you'd like!) next a patty then a spoon of the onions and top half of roll.

Makes about 20-25, which might seem like alot, but they disappear in a heart beat!!  Like I said the kids love them and they're quick and easy!!  Enjoy!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Buck36

Those sound awesome! Are they pretty well cooked when you pull them?

I am wondering if I could smoke them ahead of time and then throw them in a cooler. These would be perfect for something different to take to the park this weekend.

iceman

Quote from: westexasmoker on May 07, 2008, 07:39:14 AM
This is a variation of a ground beef fattie, but the kids love'em!!!

2 lbs. ground meat of your choice (I like to grind up sirloin steak, trimmed of fat)
8-10 slices of bacon; cooked and crumbled
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all in a bowl and form 2 1/2 inch patties; into your preheated smoker at 220 for 20 minutes of smoke , your choice (we like mesquite or hickory) and then finish on the grill.  I suppose you could finish in the smoker if you preferred, I like the combo of smoke and grill flavor.

For the sauce/spread

1 cup mayo
1/2 cup mustard
1/4 cup ketchup
couple dashes of tabasco
2-3 tbls pickled jalapenos

In a large skillet melt 3 tablespoons butter, slice two sweet onions thinly, cook stiring often about 15 minutes until caramelized

For buns use any brand parkerhouse rolls, allow to rise and bake as instructed on package

Hot out of the oven, split and apply sauce to bottom half (and top if you'd like!) next a patty then a spoon of the onions and top half of roll.

Makes about 20-25, which might seem like alot, but they disappear in a heart beat!!  Like I said the kids love them and they're quick and easy!!  Enjoy!

C

Sounds great westexasmoker. You should copy and post this in the recipe forum so Habs can enter it in.

Habanero Smoker

Slider are great for a cook out. I always have them on hand, the kid love them (just the right size). I never thought of throwing them in the smoker.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

FLBentRider

Sounds good.

We'll be making these for supper tomorrow..
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

Just thought'asome'them..OOOhhh what about some pulled'porked sliders(or some Habs bacon) ....bit of coleslaw and some spicy brown mustard??  Dang, Double dang...dang, dang got a new plan...what'ya think

C

westexasmoker

I've tried to add this to the receipe forum, but am still not allowed!!  Will do when I can, or if someone else wants to move it thats fine with me!

C

Habanero Smoker

westexasmoker;

As long as I know you want it added, I have copied it from here and will add it to the site.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

westexasmoker