• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Running off of a generator?

Started by ramze12, May 27, 2008, 04:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramze12

Hi - I just purchased the Digital Smoker and was heading down to a camp site with no electric. Has anyone ever ran their unit from a generator?

6500 Watt Honda FYI...

Thanks in advace for any input.

westexasmoker

Welcome ramze.

While I don't have a clue about doing this, I would think it shoud be fine...paging Arcs!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

iceman

Quote from: ramze12 on May 27, 2008, 04:03:36 PM
Hi - I just purchased the Digital Smoker and was heading down to a camp site with no electric. Has anyone ever ran their unit from a generator?

6500 Watt Honda FYI...

Thanks in advace for any input.
I've run the OBS with a gen set but not the digital. If it's a constant voltage I don't know why it wouldn't work. The PID controller didn't work with the small gen set I tried. (Cheap generator) is probably why.

ramze12

Thanks for the quick response and the welcome... After 2 hours of reading a ton of info.... I will consider myself hooked.

Great site with a lot of great info...

Thanks again.

Wildcat

Some, if not all, of the Honda Generators are acceptable for computer use.  If yours is one of those there should be no problem even with a digital.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Arcs_n_Sparks

ramze12,

Plenty of juice. Not sure about the output waveform, but if the DBS has a half-decent power supply, should be fine. You will have enough kilowatts left over for the adult beverage blender.....

Arcs_n_Sparks

ramze12

Thanks again... I was really concerned about the Fenquency being an issue and messing with the electronics itself. Wasn't sure if anyone ever used a Geny on this.