Semi-used Bacon question

Started by bigcatdaddy, July 13, 2008, 06:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigcatdaddy

I just got through smoking some Pork Chops for dinner and they turned out nicely.  I used Bacon to lay over the top to make sure they didn't dry out.  I smoked for 2 hrs and pulled.  The bacon was not crispy yet, but it did what I wanted it to do.  Chops were super moist.  I was wondering if there is anything I can do with the left over bacon.  Seems like such a shame to let that good smoked pork fat go to waste.  Any suggestions????

Thanks
BCD.

FLBentRider

We usually serve bacon used in that manner as an appetizer.

The bacon on a smoked or roasted Turkey is particularly coveted.

I guess you could use it to flavor soups or baked beans.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

West Coast Kansan

crisp and use for super bits (just break it up)
beans (any and all beans)
most any veg dishes
add to cheese dips
add to meatloafs
soup s  
sandwich
cook with potatos any and all kinds...

Just finish the cook and put in fridge. Smoked bacon is an add to just about anything that holds still here.  Cookies  ??? maybe not.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

KyNola

Yep, crisp it up in a skillet.  Eat, done. ;D

KyNola

Smokin Soon

I use bacon on my porkloins, I just put them in a ziplock and crisp them up in a frying pan for a BLT, or use for Baked Beans.

iceman

Quote from: Smokin Soon on July 13, 2008, 09:25:55 PM
I use bacon on my porkloins, I just put them in a ziplock and crisp them up in a frying pan for a BLT, or use for Baked Beans.

Ditto that. Or like WCK says make bits out of them and sprinkle on a salad or veggies. :P ;D

Oldman

Ok I've seen Bake beans list now twice here... so here is the best (my own) recipe for beans:Smoked Boston Style Candy-"ized" Bake Beans!

Enjoy!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

West Coast Kansan

Looks great olds, a variation would be a sub of the maple for Icemans Sauce.  Pretty Nice.  I am going candy next time. 

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

West Coast Sausage Maker

Did somebody say Bacon !

I put bacon bits on everything..... even on top of other bacon.
soylent green is people

Oldman

Quotea variation would be a sub of the maple for Icemans Sauce
.... I don't know. I've used his sauce for quite sometime, but in my mind I don't see it working for this. This is a Boston style bean... not a "Texas style bean". IMO it would be like adding a plus (+) to a minus (-) for a greater value. Just does not compute.
Sorry,
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

West Coast Kansan

No sorry necessary Olds, I have had pretty good luck with it, forgot to say though to add the sauce at the end of the baking --- certainly is different taste - sweet with an interesting zip.

Thats what I like about this place. I am up a good Boston Style Baked Beans to try.   :)