• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Any Suggestions on times and temp???

Started by josbocc, July 15, 2008, 09:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josbocc

New BDS6 arrived today in perfect condition.  Gonna season it tomorrow afternoon (Golf tonight and tomorrow AM), perhaps throw some ABT's on tomorrow evening, and then we're gonna really break her in on Friday.

I have two approx. 8lb. bonelss pork loins for Fri.  I've looked in the recipe book contained with the smoker, and checked this forum as well.  Don't have a definitive answer to smoking time and desired temperature setting.  I'm going to inject the loin with apple juice about 36 hours prior to smoke time, and have apple, mesquite, and hickory bisquettes available for use.  I do plan on using the FTC method I've seen on this forum just prior to serving.  Any suggestions folks?

P.S.  The ABT's looked so good on the forum that I had to try them on just a gas grill.  My better half is not a spicy food eater, but she couldn't get enough of the little buggers.  Can't wait to try them in the smoker ;D

Jeff 
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

FLBentRider

Quote from: josbocc on July 15, 2008, 09:47:24 AM
I have two approx. 8lb. bonelss pork loins for Fri.  I've looked in the recipe book contained with the smoker, and checked this forum as well.  Don't have a definitive answer to smoking time and desired temperature setting.  I'm going to inject the loin with apple juice about 36 hours prior to smoke time, and have apple, mesquite, and hickory bisquettes available for use.  I do plan on using the FTC method I've seen on this forum just prior to serving.  Any suggestions folks?

Time with smoking is a variable thing. I would monitor the internal temperature of the meat to determine when it's done.

That said, a pork loin is a fairly tender cut of meat. It does not need 12 hours of cooking to get "happy".

I would probably take it to and internal temperature of 145-150, shouldn't be more than 4 or five hours.

As far as temp, 200 to 225 is a good target.

You could also look at this thread - http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=7250.0
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

josbocc

Thanks FL Rider.  I'll take your advice regarding the temp., and the time.  With any luck, I'll have some photos of the finished product, and a few reviews as well.
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

KyNola

FLBR has you covered on the pork loins.

Have a great time and smoke on,
KyNola