• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New DBS 6 TODAY

Started by snowmon, July 14, 2008, 07:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowmon

I got my BDS6 today. Wouldn't you know it I had to work late . I'm still going to try to season it tonight. Thatway it will be ready to cook something this weekend.  I can't wait.

KyNola

EXCELLENT!! I know you are still smiling just seeing the box.  Let us know what your first project is going to be and more importantly, the results.

KyNola

car54

Snowmon,
Good to hear that you recieved your new smoker. What do you plan for your 1st smoke?

Brad

West Coast Kansan

Welcome snowmon, good food ahead.  Let us know how it goes  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

Hi Snowmon.
Sounds like you have a bad case of smoke related illness and need to stay home for a few days to recover.  Just don't tell them that it is a lack of smoke, not the inhalation.   :D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

FLBentRider

That sounds great Snowmon!

Let us know how the first smoke goes.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

begolf25

GL with your first smoke snowmon!

josbocc

Snowmon..., got mine today!!!  We'll both be putting them through the paces this weekend.  My plans are for a couple of boneless pork loins, and a couple dozen ABT's.  Have to remember the camera, then we can compare notes.  Good Luck.

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

bigcatdaddy

Now the fun begins!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats

bsheger

You're gonna love it!  It is an awesome piece of equipment.  Have Fun! :)

snowmon

I seasoned it last night. Of course I didn't get started till late. By the time I cleaned everything and fired it up it was 10 going on 10:30. Of course I was pretty tired and fell asleep out side keeping an eye on it and checking out the maverick term. Woke up around 2:30 eaten alive by bugs.  Something kind of strange happened when I was unpacking it. I got it out of the box and pulled plastic bag off. Took everything out of it and then shut the door and boom!!!
It sounded like a 22 cal. riffle went off. Scared the crap out of me and the wife.  She started to yell at me because she thought I did something to scare her. The only thing I think it could have been was static electricity.  Who knows.  It won't be till the weekend before I get to cook anything. Can't wait.  Not sure what it will be yet. Everything I have read about here sounds SO GOOD. I'll give the details good or bad in a couple days.