• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pork Injection

Started by Michael, July 24, 2008, 08:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

I smoked several pork butts and shoulders for pulling and although I am quite pleased with the results I am in the experimental mode.  After seeing a BBQ/smoke pork contest on TV in which some contestants used meat flavor injectors on their pork I decided to purchase a meat flavor injector to experiment with.  I picked up a couple of boneless pork shoulders and plan to inject them.  For a 3lb pork loin, the recipe that came with the injector called for 1/2 cup of apple cider, 1 Tbs Kosher salt, 1 1/2 tsp packed light brown sugar, 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard, 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme.  This mixture is to be boiled, cooled down, tossed into a blender and then strained prior to injection.

Any other suggestions for the recipe?

Habanero Smoker

That is basically it for injecting a marinade, and that is a fairly standard recipe for pork. You may want to add 1-2 teaspoons of the rub you used to your marinade. The only other thing I can think of at the moment; before putting the marinade in the injector, whisk the mixture well to emulsify all the ingredients together.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Smokin Soon

I have had great luck with these injector marinades.

http://www.cajuninjector.com/

Buck36

I use them and love them for pulled pork. The recipe I use is just rub, water, brown sugar and apple juice. I never thought of trying apple cider. I will have to give it a whirl.

bullhead

On a whole hog roast one time I used pineapple jucie and honey injected. I heated up the mix just before injecting, turned out good.