Have you tried the Crown Royal chips?

Started by RAF128, October 30, 2009, 11:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAF128

I stopped into the store this morning to get a few more wood chips.   The crown royal ones interested me and not sure what I would use it on.    Also picked up some Cherry.   Thinking of using the cherry on the elk roast I'm going to do.

FLBentRider

Quote from: RAF128 on October 30, 2009, 11:53:41 AM
I stopped into the store this morning to get a few more wood chips.   The crown royal ones interested me and not sure what I would use it on.    Also picked up some Cherry.   Thinking of using the cherry on the elk roast I'm going to do.

You must be in Canada... I can't get the CR ones in the US.

I think the consensus was that the CR and JB are Oak.

I would use them on beef and pork.

I've used Cherry on a turkey with good reviews.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

oakville smoker

The CR bisquettes are essentially Oak.
I have used about half a box.  Flavour is very subtle
I bought a box of the Jim Beem as well, same oak,almost hard to tell the difference.
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

classicrockgriller

I think I helped make it possible for there to be some empty crown barrels to make chips out of. Wish we could get the crown chips over here so that I could enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Hopefull Romantic

I have used them on lamb and they were very good.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: oakville smoker on October 30, 2009, 12:10:22 PM
I bought a box of the Jim Beem as well, same oak,almost hard to tell the difference.

It may not be so much the flavor of the smoke as it is the novelity of having them.
Plus is I run out of adult beverage I could always put them on to soak to make a tea.  ;D

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 31, 2009, 09:02:36 AM
Quote from: oakville smoker on October 30, 2009, 12:10:22 PM

It may not be so much the flavor of the smoke as it is the novelity of having them.
Plus is I run out of adult beverage I could always put them on to soak to make a tea.  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.