• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Thighs and Taters

Started by hillbillysmoker, September 12, 2008, 04:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hillbillysmoker

I had a great day at the smoker today. Did some chicken thighs and some potatoes.

May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

westexasmoker

Looks great hillbilly!

I 'm getting dinner put together right now, and now I want thighs!  Oh well a smoked grilled ribeye with smoked baked taters will have to do!  Enjoy your meal!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smokin Soon

Looks great Hillbilly, Gotta have some details for this newbie. Did you brine or marinate first? Was the whole cook in the Bradley or did you have to crisp the bacon in the oven or grill? Sorry to be a pest, but I tried this and did not like the results too much. Would like to try again with a different plan.

Habanero Smoker

That looks good.

How much smoke did you apply to the mashed potatoes. Due to rain I won't be able to smoke anything until Tuesday. Lately I have been addicted to Syracuse Potatoes, and the next batch I plan on hitting them with some smoke after they are cooked.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

hillbillysmoker

To answer some of the questions. Chicken thighs were simply wrapped with bacon and done completely in the Bradley @ 225 degrees with 4 pucks of maple to an internal of 165. Habs the potatoes are actually scalloped potatoes (picture is a bit misleading) and they received the same amount of smoke as the chicken and allowed to slow cook in the Bradley till done. They did, however, take a bit longer than the chicken before becoming fork tender. It is my first time for the scalloped potatoes, but it definitely won't be the last. They exceeded my expectation.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

I knew I should have enlarged that picture. :)

Thanks for the information. Because my potatoes will be whole, placed openly on the racks; more surface will be exposed to the smoke. So I may start with 20 minutes.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

West Coast Kansan

Very nice Hillbilly. Great looking eats as they say. 

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

coyote

Be careful Hillbilly , Be very , very careful . Remember...I live close enough to do a drive by drop in for a taste test ! :o

Coyote 8)

beefmann

coyote...

follow your  nose....  follow your   nose

Beefmann