• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

new to me BS stainless steel model

Started by mercc250, October 26, 2008, 10:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mercc250

Finally after 2 years of searching for a deal I got my Brad.

I was in Cabeleas the first of August and notied they had 5 Bradleys sitting just outside the entrance and in very used shape the black models were $130.00 the stainless were $200.00. I didn't have the money at the time to grab one so I waited 3 months later and started thinking about them again and why they were returned in the first place and if they even worked. I drove to the Cableas in Boise just to check out their Bargain barn to see if they had any left on Saturday, one left for $200.00 which was the stainless steel model in worrible shape. this thing was full of wood chips, cod webs, dirt, and all the parts and pieces were sitting inside the thing stained and in covered in wood chips. i tried to bater on the price but they would not budge so I talked the gal working at the counter into giving me a 2 day return agreement if the unit was dead and I brought it home. I figured it was dead so instead of trying to clean it first I would test it competely. I started with the smokers heating element, heated it up to about 200 degrees in about 20 minutes and held the temp until I opened the door it got back to 200 degrees in about 10 minutes temerature in my area is about 50 degrees passed the test perfectly so I figured it has to be the generator that is not working so I loaded it up with enough chips to give an hour of smoke, hit he advance button 3 times and waited. One hour later 3 chips were completly spent which tells me this thing works. I cleaned it up vacuumed out the loose wood chips and I cannot tell it wasn't brand new. Great product!!!!! I am doing a smoked chicken today from one of the recipies off this site. Can't wait to taste it.

Thank you for this geat site hopefully I can contribute once I have tried it a few times :D

westexasmoker

Welcome to the forum merc!

Your gonna love your new easy bake oven!!  And chicken is a great way to get your feet wet!  Good luck and keep us posted!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Mr Walleye

Hey Merc! Welcome to the forum and congrats on the great deal!  ;)

You'll love the forum... tons of information. If you haven't already, click on the smoker in the bottom of my post and you will be taken to the recipe site. Lots more great recipes and info there too.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

HCT

Hi merc, glad everything worked out. I'm not a big fan of cabelas, their customer service sucks.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

beefmann

welcome to the forum Merc..

sounds like you got a  great  deal although you  just  have to  do is some  cleaning

congrats