how many brisket at one time?

Started by SMOKEHOUSE ROB, December 16, 2004, 03:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

i have to do a bunch of briskets for work on friday 3 large briskets and 3 caps , took the caps of so they will fit on the racks, plan on starting thusday night about 6pm , just wondering has anybody done that many at one time? and if so any tips would ne helpfull, thanks

nsxbill

Hang them or your rack?  

Chez is the expert on mass cookery with smoke.  Hope he spots this and posts up some help for you.  

Since I have only done two at once, and mine were flat, I don't think I could help.  If you can get them into the smoker, you can smoke them.  With 3, I would rotate from bottom to top and then drop one down every 4 hours if you are using your racks.  4-5 hours is enough smoke for them.  As always, low and slow, foil and wrap.  I would plan on about 14-16 hours total cooking time dependent on course on the outside temp, and how hot you get your BS.  I would do at 210, but you are making the magic happen there.

Bill

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

MallardWacker

ROb,

Though I have not done more than two, this is what I would do:  I would only do 4 flats.   Preheat that puppy as hot as you can get it.  Let the meat sit out of the fridge for an hour or so before you put them in.  Cook at 220, this will probably take longer.

Probably rotate the racks every 4-5hrs.

A "slicable" internal temp of 185.

For sure I would do the FTC jig.  This would keep that meat HOT for along time.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...