It's been a while

Started by LilSmoker, September 19, 2008, 09:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote

Lilsmoker , They always say ....what doesn't kill you , will only make you stronger .

..........I bet that guy didn't have some scumbag steal all his stuff ! >:( Don't you hate it when people like that try to
blow sunshine up your @%#!

My thoughts are with you friend.

Coyote

Consiglieri

LS: just read your post and haven't had the benefit of other comments in this thread yet.  All I can say is: (a) glad you and your family are okay and we're only talking about "stuff;" (b) don't give up on the insurance bs, work yourself up the chain of command (the younger people think they're doing the company a favor by denying claims).  The more senior people may see things through more responsible eyes.  I know nothing about British law, but out here we call this type of thing a "first party claim."  Out here, the insurance companies owe the highest duty of care when dealing in first party claims so be polite, but persistant; get their positions in writing; and double check their reasoning with your legal counsel.

Sorry to hear the bad news, but glad to hear you all are safe and healthy. 

Cheers.
Consiglieri

chrispy

LS,

So sorry to hear about all of this.  If there is a "silver lining" it is that none of your family got physically hurt.  What comes around goes around.  I can tell by your post you will work harder than ever to "normalize" your family life.  Your resilience will be seen by your family and will hopefully be carried on by your sons!  God bless you and your family.

Chrispy

Oldman

LilSmoker,

Friend so sorry for your loss.  I know how it feel to have stuff you work your butt off stolen. It is a knot in the guts that just does not go away quickly.

What Iam about to say may give you a little satisfaction. I don't allow smoking in the house. So Mother smokes in the garage. Well last year around 2:30 am I was about to go to bed when Skyway started to woof (he has a very low weak woof) so I went to the door between the main part of the house and the garage. I heard movement. I knew right then that Mother had left the side door open.

I grabbed my pistol grip 12 ga and into the garage I went . There were three of them. Two males and one female. One was armed with a pistol. I told them that they were leaving my garage one of two ways. Walking or being carried out.

Short story-- I made them all drop their pants to their feet. Then had them kneel down. Then had them pull up their shirts over their heads. Then I had them lay face down. (The female had no bra or under pants on... but she was a nasty looking  b i t c h anyway...LOL~~!)

I came within a heart beat of shooting the one with the pistol. He is real glad today that he did exactly what I said to do.

Anyway they caught some prison time. I know this does not help your loss, but maybe it might put a small smile on your face.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Mr Walleye

Between Kummok's comment and Olds comment it reminded me of a situation with a friend of mine. This guy lives on a local lake. One day he's sitting in the yard with a neighbour having a beer and some scum bag steels the neighbour's boat with them sitting a couple hundred yards away. So they jump in my friend's boat and chase him down. The neighbour drove his boat back to his dock and they put the scum bag in my friends boat. On the way back my friend stopped in the middle of the lake and said "Get The F*#@ Out"! When the scum bag realized he was serious he broke down crying. My buddy never did turf him into the lake. Instead he turned him over to the RCMP but he sure scared the crap out of him.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

LilSmoker

Thank you all so much for your kind words and concern

I must say that reading the posts of Kummok, Olds and Mr Walleye did indeed make me smile, it's nice to know that sometimes the scum get theirs

Trouble with the u.k. nowdays is that crime is increasing by the week, the story from LQ rings very true over here, and the police say they don't have the man power to deal with it. What really annoys me is on the day we were burgled the police took three and a half hours to turn up at our place, but the night before, one of my sons was driving just up to the village, and he forgot to fasten his seatbelt, well he said a policeman almost jumped out in front of him, he got a fine, and three points on his licence ::) easy money i guess  :-\

Whenever real crime is commited our police are usually nowhere in sight, or otherwise engaged. I really think the way things are going over this side of the water, that licenced firearms are not too far away, in order for people to lead a normal life, but feel secure.

Many people in certain cities nowdays are too afraid to go out after dark, don't know what it's coming to? :-\

Anyway, i better get off my soap box now and go finish packing  ;D

Once again, thank you all, and have a great weekend
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes