stuffed pork loin?

Started by easyridinole, September 22, 2008, 05:16:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

easyridinole

I could of swore that I saw a recipe a while back for a stuffed pork loin, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Can anyone help me out on this one?

Thanks,

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

Habanero Smoker

There are several on this board, I don't have time to search right now, but will when I get a chance.

You may want to take a look at WesTexaSmokers post on Tasco Pork Loin you may want to try or it may give you further ideas.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

easyridinole

Thanks, I'll check it out, but if I remember right it had something to do with some kind of a seasoned ground pork packed in a tenderloin. I could be mistaken and I searched on here for a few hours with no luck.

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

westexasmoker

Hey Ole,

I've never done the stuffed pork loin, but I don't see why you could'nt!  I usaually do the jerked pork loin but ya gotta like things spicy!  This last one I did, Tuscan pork loin turned out incredible...something about the rosemary a garlic.  If you decide to stuff one keep us posted, you've got my interest up, I'd think you could use anything for the stuffing and instead of butterfly cut just cut a nice deep pocket!  Good luck!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Habanero Smoker

It may be a matter of description, I consider stuff loin as any loin that has been butterflied, and stuffed whether it is a thin layer of sauce of a thicker stuffing such as cheese and spinach.

I don't recall one with stuffed seasoned meat, sound like a recipe that NePaSmoker would have posted. You may try checking under his name.

You may also look at this thread. It's not the recipe you are looking for, but it gives you some idea of the technique on how to prepare a stuffed loin, and how to smoke/cook it. Also try YouTube, I'm sure you will find at least one video there. Once you learn the technique, you can apply almost any stuffing.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=369.0

I
         don't
                   inhale.

easyridinole

Thanks guys,

I think maybe I will try stuffing it with some Jimmy Dean spicey sausage. Everytime I check stuff out on here its like being a kid in a candy store with all the good eats on here! :) What is the easiest way to post pictures of my projects on here? I feel that I am taking too much from here and contributing nothing back. :-[

Thanks again,

Ole

westexasmoker

Can't wait to see Ole!

Heres the link to the recipe site FAQ on posting photos

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=768&postcount=11

C

easyridinole

WTS,

If I do multiple pictures will it pull them all in when I hit CTRL-V? Will it pull in all my previous photos as well? I am new to this and signed up and wanted to try it out!

Ole

westexasmoker

Ole not sure if it will pull them all at once, I just use copy and paste from my mouse.  But for multiple pics goes something like this.

verbage

paste pic

verbage

paste pic

And so on from there, its pretty darn simple once you get the hang of it!  Heck if I can do it, you'll have it down in no time!  Hope that helps!

C

Habanero Smoker

After selecting the images you want to post, by checking the box by the picture; scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Generated HTML, Ebay and IMG Code"; then click on either "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended" or "IMG images for message boards". That will copy all the codes at once into your clipboard, and use Ctrl V to paste.

Note the images will be posted in the order they are arranged in your album, so if you want them in a specific order, arrange the images in your album first.

The Jimmy Dean Sausage sounds like a good choice.

I
         don't
                   inhale.