Jerky Slicers

Started by Buck36, October 02, 2008, 08:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buck36

Has anyone tried a jerky slicer? I got this pic from the Cabela website so I was hoping Nepas may be familiar with them.

The deer population has really got out of hand on my Uncle's farm. We are going to harvest quite a few does this year.  It would be nice to have a slicer at the trim table when we butcher this year.

I usually hand slice the meat later when it is partially frozen. I don't know how well a mechanical slicer would work with warm to cool meat. Not all of the venison is going to jerky but it is enough that it would be nice to get it done while we are a mess.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Buck36 on October 02, 2008, 08:29:50 AM
Has anyone tried a jerky slicer? I got this pic from the Cabela website so I was hoping Nepas may be familiar with them.

The deer population has really got out of hand on my Uncle's farm. We are going to harvest quite a few does this year.  It would be nice to have a slicer at the trim table when we butcher this year.

I usually hand slice the meat later when it is partially frozen. I don't know how well a mechanical slicer would work with warm to cool meat. Not all of the venison is going to jerky but it is enough that it would be nice to get it done while we are a mess.

Those are pretty nice for your grinder motor. I have the manual slicer. Some of the london broil i get are kinda thick for my slicer.

nepas

Buck36

Thanks for the input. If the london broils get too thick then for the money I may be better off buying a traditional meat slicer.

NePaSmoKer

The jerky slicer hooked to your grinder motor will work better on thick cuts than my manual crank jerky slicer.

nepas

bullhead

Buck36 I have that jerky slicer that runs off the grinder motor. I realy like it, during deer camp we'll slice 30+ lbs and freeze in 5lb bags for smoking later.I have been thinking how this would work on bacon?might have to try the next time I do bacon.

West Coast Sausage Maker

soylent green is people