First time at JERKING

Started by WI Smoker, October 27, 2008, 06:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WI Smoker

Big question for you pro's.  I am wondering if you can let meat cure tooooooo longgggg in fridge before smoking?  Example I want to prepare meat on Tuesday ande smoke on Friday, does anyone see aproblem wth this?
Just when you thought you knew it all!

beefmann

welcome to the forum Wi,

There are a  lot of people here that  make jerky here though i  havent yet I  understand that curing the meat that long  is not a  problem then smoking and drying it...

Though I  will step aside and let the people with more knoweldge  give you the right  information

again welcome to the forum and there aare a  lot of good people here  with good information

Beefmann

WI Smoker

Thanks for the welcome.  I am going full out.  UPS dropped it off and I'm pretty sure I had it put together and smoking three chickens before she set it down.
Just when you thought you knew it all!

smokeitall

Welcome to the forum.  Rice Lake, WI is a nice place, I have been there several times.  In fact I will be in Hayward in a few weeks.

Tiny Tim

I use Hi Mountain Cure and Seasoning kits for making Jerky, and although they recommend 24 hour cure, I usually let it go a few days...think the last batch went 5 before I smoked and dried it.