• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Quick HELP? How long is pork (and beef) good for after smoking in cooler?

Started by mcegoon, November 29, 2008, 04:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcegoon

I seem to run into this problem often. I'll smoke two pieces of meat. I'll be able to eat one and have some idea of eating the other the next day. I typically go from the Bradley with pork butt or beef into the warm cooler to let it finish. I'm not sure on the taste, but how long is it safe to eat such meat from after it is cooked? The butt I have now is about 36 hours past cooking and the meat has gone to room temp. Is it still good to eat? I could put it in the fridge, put pork just seems to all bad on the taste and dryness after being refrigerated after it is cooked. Thanks for any tips!

Smoking Duck

If the meat has not been refrigerated and only been in a cooler for 36 hours, I wouldn't eat it and I was trained to eat things that make a billy goat puke.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

beefmann

MC ,

I  wouldent  eat  it if you  left it out  for that long after  cooking...the cooking  process and FTC till  dinner that  day  is  fine then in the  fridge,,, 36 hours not refergated creats problems .. i would get rid of all the meat that was out of the  fridge for 36 hours

why take chances of  getting you  or your  family  sick

Oldman

The above posters have address the real problem.

QuoteI could put it in the fridge, put pork just seems to all bad on the taste and dryness after being refrigerated after it is cooked.
If this is a problem then vacuum pack your pork, before you place in frig, in pouches that can  be dropped into boiling water... end of problem.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!