New Years Day

Started by Caneyscud, December 29, 2008, 03:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

Ok, who is smoking what on new years day?   For me a brisket and some rib tips and some stuffed japs.  That's for supper.  Since I will be home alone most of the day, there might be a really good steak put on for lunch as well.  Fresh Market had some very, very, good looking ribeyes and NY strips.  Was thinking of doing some duck breasts, but after Deb's non-success, I'm rethinking my recipe and strategy so they will probably be another time.  I've just installed the drool guard on the keyboard so fire away!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

car54

There will probably be no smoking on New Years day for me. I do except my Grandson will be smoking when he gets out of Lake Michigan and becomes a polar bear. If he goes through with it, I will send pictures.

Brad

Consiglieri

Don't have any smoking plans for New Years, but sure would be fun to do something.  Due to the lack of planning, if anything makes it into my Bradley, it will likely be ribs, pork loin or pork tenderloin. 

I still have food coma from looking at all that food at the SoCal gathering. 
Consiglieri

Smokin Soon

For me, Its gonna be wings, a couple of fattys, and gonna try some WTS sliders on some fresh baked sourdough rolls.

deb415611

I'll just be reheating the ham I smoked last night.  I posted it over in this thread  http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=3263.1275

Deb

Buck36

Some sort of pork and sauerkraut...Na zdrowie!

FLBentRider

I plan on putting in a beef roast and a couple of briskets in new years eve evening for an all night smoke.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smoking Duck

New Years Day is my birthday, so I think the wife is gonna let me pick out something nice to smoke tomorrow.  Tomorrow is also our anniversary, so I think she'll really let me pick out something good.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

drano

Deb, what time is dinner?  That ham looks great!

I'll be doing a batch of snack sticks.  I did summer sausage after Christmas, now its time for some sticks.  Haven't made them in a few years, so well over-due. 

get smokin
drano

okeejohn

I think I am going to do some cornish hens. I have had my BDS 6 rack for about 1 1/2 years and love it. However, my gas grill I replaced with a Big Green Egg and have been using that lately and have been neglecting my Bradley. Last week I smoked some sharp chedar cheese with maple and did some Beef Jerky for my co-workerrs on my Bradley. I miss my Bradley and now I am back in the saddle!

Okeejohn