• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoked, BBQ'd Spare Ribs

Started by seemore, March 29, 2009, 06:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

Put some spare ribs in Dale's Sauce last night for an overnight soak.  This morning we rinsed them and seasoned them:

We put them in the Bradley and smoked them for about six hours, basting them with a combination of apple juice and olive oil.  Then we brought them in, put them in a foil pan and put some apple juice in the bottom of the pan:

We covered the pan with foil and returned them to the smoker for another two hours.  Then we brought them in, put some BBQ sauce on them and finished them in the oven:

Good supper!!  We think the ribs were just a tad dry, even though they pulled right off the bone.  Next time we will put more juice in the bottom of the pan before we return them to the smoker.

Smokin Soon

I use Dale's sauce myself and love it!. I use the low sodium stuff they have. Might try a 4 hour smoke and then some quality time foil wrapped in the smoker or oven for 2 to 3 hours spritzed with apple juice.
Works well for me.

seemore

SS, let us know how they turn out.  I think we will need to adjust the time on our cook.

Mr Walleye

Here's my times I always use for ribs...

- 4 hours at 220 on the racks in the smoker (first 3 hours with smoke)(1 rack rotation)
- 3 hours in a foil pan, splash of AJ, covered with foil & back into the smoker at 220. (if more than 1 pan I do 1 rack rotation)
- Then I throw them on the grill just long enough to sauce them.

Really tender every time.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

seemore

BBad

I've been thinking about putting some ribs on the smoker this weekend. I have never tried Dale's on ribs before. What seasoning did you use after an overnight soak in Dale's? I would think the Dale's sauce would have been enough. Sounds interesting ??? ???

Smokin Soon

After a good soak in Dale's, pat those babys dry and rub' em down with any good pork rub. For a quick fix get the Mcormicks. I prep two days ahead. One night in the bath, one in the rub wrapped in saran wrap.
YUM!