A few turkey questions...LOL

Started by SmokinMoe, January 05, 2005, 08:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

Thanks for the information Rob. Until I get another refrigerator I won't be able to use the buckets anyway, so I will continue to let my friends know they are still letting me down. [:D]

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

SmokinMoe

I found a food-grade 5 gallon bucket at Schlo    deli.  I read Smokehouse Rob's post and started calling local restaurants. I tried one local deli and then decided on Schlo      The manger GAVE me one at no charge and she said they just finished it up and were going to have to pitch it.  I was there in 15 minutes! LOL
The brine is cooling off right now, it smells like Old Bay seasoning.
I found it on another website and the ingredients looked pretty good, so I thought I would give it a try.
If it is good, I will post the brine recipe.
Now, Olds, where are you?
I am wondering if cheesecloth will work too or is the t-shirt better?
"If I have to cook, I might as well watch it all go up in smoke!"

SmokinMoe

Whoops, sorry for not finishing the deli name.  I had to go look up the spelling and I hit enter before I remembered.
Scholtzsky's Deli was able to give me one.  The manager was happy to give it to me at no charge.  Wow, what a find.  Thanks Smokehouse Rob for the tip.
"If I have to cook, I might as well watch it all go up in smoke!"

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SmokinMoe</i>
<br />Whoops, sorry for not finishing the deli name.  I had to go look up the spelling and I hit enter before I remembered.
<b><font color="blue">Scholtzsky's</font id="blue"></b> Deli was able to give me one.  <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Scholtzsky's  nice name.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

birdboy

What about Cat litter plastic buckets?

Man that sounds gross doesn't it [xx(]