Jerky bs meets stx Dehydrator

Started by CLAREGO, December 27, 2008, 04:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLAREGO

stx Dehydrator 600w meets bradley

ok did some jerky i have to say this is got to be the best way to make jerky. Hickory pucks 40 minutes(next time longer) bought some silirion steaks cut thin at walmart put in the smomer for 40 minutes then in the dehydrator only took maybe 2:30 hours turned out good but wow only 2:30 hours ill be trying some otc mixes with ground meet next . anyways i have to take pics for the next post and go into detail how this dehydrator beets the excalibur as far as price wise 137 usd  ;D

pensrock

Quotego into detail how this dehydrator beets the excalibur as far as price wise 137 usd 

Can you tell me why you like this dehydrator so much, besides price? I have been looking for a new dehydrator for a while now specifically at the ones from Cabelas but I just cannot afford the prices. This is in my price range but would like some others opinions before making the purchase.
Thanks, pens

smokeitall

I'm with Pensrock, I would like a dehydrator but they are so expensive at Cabela's I have been putting it off.  $137 would be a lot better.  Let us know all the pros and cons please

CLAREGO

looks like a new company to me this matches like that of the excalibur bet i could stick 10 pounds of jerky in this one tommrow im doing some ground jerky the fan is on the back of the unit like that of most square dehydrators

Smoking Duck

Hmmmmmm, if it's true, I sure wouldn't want to support that type of business practice regardless of the cost savings I would receive.  That's just my 2 cents anyways.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

FLBentRider

I'm with you SD, I would like to get one made in the USA if possible.

I wonder if the Cabelas unit is made overseas ?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

CLAREGO

:o did not realize that but alot of things are built in china but the copy right thing i agree with

CLAREGO

the whole thing built in china does not bother me at all the swith thats nothing considering what you pay for the excailuber o well didnt realize it wow what an intresting story

CLAREGO

just realized they sent me the instructions all it was like 6 pages of paper stapled together  :'(

Brisket Lover

I almost jumped on buying this from the first post, but glad I read the rest.  Good post for letting us all know.