• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

The smoke ring is back

Started by Hopefull Romantic, August 12, 2009, 09:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopefull Romantic

The pics of WTS bradley are horrifying but  the question remains how many charcoals did he put in. That picture looks like an inferno slipped in. I only had two briquettes and one hour into the process. I would appreciate it to learn about the circumstances leading to that picture.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on August 12, 2009, 07:44:45 PM
The pics of WTS bradley are horrifying but  the question remains how many charcoals did he put in. That picture looks like an inferno slipped in. I only had two briquettes and one hour into the process. I would appreciate it to learn about the circumstances leading to that picture.

HR

HR;

WTS didn't use charcoal. He was doing a overnight smoke, with no additional heating source. It you place the charcoal beneath the "V" pan (drip pan), then what you did is safe.

How was the charcoal flavor??? :)

Mike;

Thanks for pointing out were HR placed his charcoal.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

3rensho

Ah, thanks for the clarification.  I thought I was missing the meaning of some jargon.   

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Hopefull Romantic

Hi there Habanero smoker

yes I should have pointed that out as I put the coals under the v shaped tray next to the tray where bisquettes lay to rest after burning. As I said there was a hint of a charcoal flavor giving it a taste of old fashioned smoking or grilling. One of the mistakes I will avoid next time is t place the coals from the beginning and keep an eye on them throughout. Having a half a case of old Jack Daniels kinda loosen your concentration.

Planning to smoke some more tomorrow and will be posting results and hopefully some pics if I ever get around learning how to do it.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.