• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

What's Smoking - Weekend of 2/21/09?

Started by Caneyscud, February 18, 2009, 01:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

Sorry I missed last weekend.  Got kinda hectic - I was planning, packing and buying for a weekend at Ocean Springs, MS. for a ministry my daughter and I do together.  Usually it ends up with me cooking for about 100 high schoolers from Friday to Monday.  Needless to say, this ole body takes a day to recover.  Good for the heart, mind, and faith though.  First time in 17 or 18 of these things that I decided to do Q'.  Decided to do brisket, but didn't want to haul a smoker 600 miles.  Found a guy through the church where we were doing this ministry at and it seems he has done thousands of briskets and received his training at some of the pits of the Central Texas Barbecuers - he knew his stuff!  Tasty, tasty, tasty!!   He is of the school that cooks them for just a few hours at a higher temp and then throws them in a ice chest until serving.  Tasty, moist, and tender.  Anyway this weekend, I've got a fly fishing group cookout.  Instead of hauling a smoker to the camp at the edge of the river, I will cook a brisket, a butt, fatties, and abt's tomorrow night and take it down on Friday night and heat up on Sat.  H E Double Hockey Sticks, I want to do some fishing also and not cook all day!!  Haven't decided on sides, but it probably won't matter, most will have consumed enough moonshine by then, I could feed them cat food and they'd think it was good!  What's on your racks this weekend?

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Threadkiller Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Mr Walleye

Hey Caney

Sounds like you have a great lookin' weekend lined up! Anytime you can put together smokin' and fishin'... Well... That's pretty much Heaven on earth!  8)

I'm not sure what I'm doing this weekend... Maybe ribs but not sure yet.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

deb415611

I have a couple tiny brisket flats that I just got done putting on the rub for Hab's steamed pastrami.

I haven't done ribs for awhile so I may do some baby backs this weekend also. 

NePaSmoKer

I takin a break this weekend. All this cold weather is givin me dame bramage   :o

nepas

deb415611

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on February 19, 2009, 02:19:52 PM
I takin a break this weekend. All this cold weather is givin me dame bramage   :o

nepas

It's probably that snowball that hit you in the head... 

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: deb415611 on February 19, 2009, 02:48:02 PM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on February 19, 2009, 02:19:52 PM

nepas

It's probably that snowball that hit you in the head... 

:P naaa naaa i ducked when you threw it  :D

nepas