Sirloin tip roast...

Started by Stargazer, February 22, 2009, 05:45:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stargazer

Got a small dusting of snow, but me and dad figured why not smoke up some sirloin tip roast before it hit.

Note: there's now a limit to how many words/characters that can be allowed for posting  ???
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

Stargazer

Got to clean off the out side of marie soon as it gets warmer.

But until then, shes holding her heat really great. Even the ana logue therm on the door is right on with my maverick, but the mav allows me to stay inside.

Held about 200Deg F to 215Deg F and took out at 141Deg F internal. Me and Dad kind of got hammered on some Kentucky spirits and I kind of fell asleep. Dad stayed up with the roast and took out then foiled well.

Picture following of the finished roast was in the morning nursing a hangover I dont know how I got for the life of me. Was real happy seeing inside this meat. One side was sliced just for sandwiches, other is saved for dinner slices. Dad was practically eating as fast as I could slice them. Heh, thats my dad though, main thing is he enjoyed :)

Was real inspired by Smokin Ducks roast in an earlier post stuffed with garlic. Im still new and not brave enough to be real creative just yet, but Im workin on it :D
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

Mr Walleye

Stargazer... Looks fantastic and obviously tasted good too because you had your taste tester there!  :D

That's what it's all about!  ;)

Good job!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

deb415611

Stargazer,

That looks really good. 

I just got home from the store and am heating up the bradley for ribs but now I have to decide if I should hold off for an hour and go back to the store and grab a roast too!   

Deb

seemore

SG, that looks wonderful!  Send some of that Kentucky bourbon MY way!!!!
seemore

Smokin Soon

Nice looking chunk of beef there Gazer, just the right amount of pink for my liking. Good thing is Dad took the watch, or it might be scorched carbon!  ;D :D