• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cover for BDS

Started by lumpy, February 28, 2009, 12:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpy

Message for Brian @ Bradley

Over time with the Canadian winters and summers, the cover for my smoker is starting to look a little ragged. Yes I could buy a new one but I was just wondering if Bradley would look at sometime in the future making a thicker, stronger and longer lasting cover?

Thanks for the great products!
Lumpy

Mr Walleye

Lumpy

I'm just thinking out loud here... Why not take the worn one to your favorite mistress... I mean seamstress!  ::)

They could take the seams out and use it as a pattern to make a heaver built unit.

Just a thought.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

lumpy

Think aloud more often Mike. Great idea.............I do however like the Bradley logo on the cover. When friends come over they say "so there's the Bradley eh!" The smoker that make my friends want to come over more often.
Lumpy

FLBentRider

So cut the Bradley logo off the old one, iron it on to a piece of heavy canvas, and make a patch out of it.

Sew it on the new one.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: lumpy on February 28, 2009, 12:17:30 PM

Message for Brian @ Bradley

Over time with the Canadian winters and summers, the cover for my smoker is starting to look a little ragged. Yes I could buy a new one but I was just wondering if Bradley would look at sometime in the future making a thicker, stronger and longer lasting cover?

Thanks for the great products!
Lumpy

Thanks for the message Lumpy
I will bring this up at the next R&D meeting.

Brian

Smokin Soon

I would think that the sun would be the worst enemy of the Bradley Cover. Mine has held up very well, but it does not receive direct sun, as I have it under a canopy. The cover being black in color would absorb the max uv rays. The temp should not have any effect as the cover is very durable.

Mr Walleye

SS

If you want to test anything... just bring it to Saskatchewan for a winter test. As an example a typical BBQ covers literally shatters at some of the temps we have. In addition the freezing and thawing takes it's tole as well. Lumpy is also from Canada, I'm not sure of his temperatures but I know ours, especially this winter we've had plenty of -40 or colder. Another example is typical extension cords also shatter if you try to bend them at that temperature.

Mike

Smokin Soon

Sorry Mike, I do not think I can do that anymore, formally Northern Michigan boy here the cold seems to penetrate into the bones much more now than the younger years. I don't want to shatter anything!
In SF Cal now, may have to go to LQ land to dry out and warm up.

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Smokin Soon on February 28, 2009, 07:30:10 PM
I don't want to shatter anything!

:D  :D  :D  ;D

I can definitely relate... this winter it feels like y skin is going to shatter!  :-\

It's warmed up... only -32 with the wind chill... Mind you we are supposed to at +2 in a couple of days.  :)

A very welcome reprieve.

Mike