FIRST HEAVY SMOKE

Started by sherlock, March 23, 2009, 05:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sherlock

Smoked two butts over the weekend. One 7.98 lbs and the other 8.19 lbs.
Started with application of Icemans Oinker Rub and placed in smoker at 12:30 PM Friday with the temperature at 210 degrees. The first one reached 190 degrees at 25 hours and the second at 26 hours. After FTC for 3 hours the meat fell apart while I was removing the foil. So juicy and tender. After pulling I added some doctored up store bought sauce and sprinkled more salt on it. Everyone raved about it. One comment was, "I always thought Sonny's BBQ was the best but, this puts them to shame."

I was so proud of my efforts, I have got to get a digital camera to share with you all.

Nathan

beefmann

congrats shur...

sounds like you and everyone enjoyed

smokeitall

I did 2 10lb butts this weekend, I went 15 hours in the smoker and another 11 in the oven.  So easy to make and so good....

Now if I could just get some of the Iceman's Barbecue Sauce that everyone keeps talking about.

Mr Walleye

Congrats Nathan!

It really does make ya feel good getting compliments like that.  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Tenpoint5

Great Job Nathan!!!
I remember getting those compliments for the first time. Had one HELLOFA time getting out the door with the head and chest all swollen up. How did you get out?  (Wife poked me in the ribs and said "Hurry up, they may have liked it but it wasn't that good you can make better")
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

nascarbbq

How long did you cook them before you put the foil on

sherlock

First one came out of smoker at 25 hours and the second at 26 hours. Each of them got the FTC treatment for about 3 hours. They were falling apart when I opened the foil. Just had lunch with some co workers and we finished the last of it. I want to pat myself on the back because they are every bit as good as I could have desired. Very easy folks. Do not be afraid to try it. The only drawback is the duration. I wanted them Saturday for a early dinner so I started them around noon on Friday. After start up, I did nothing but rotate every six hours.
S

HCT

Boy sherlock, that was one heavy smoke. :) I could taste it over here.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Caneyscud

Nathan,

Sounds like you nailed it!  Bet everyone did like i t- I found myself dreaming about it while reading the post!  I've found that a lot of people have eaten "barbecue", but very few have eaten "real barbecue".  You can tell when their eyes light up!   Gives ya a good feeling.  Job well done!  

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Smokin Soon

Nothing better than than a back yard guy putting out a better product than the local favorite! I love it.

sherlock

Thank you, thank you, thank you.................. ;D ;D ;D