Smoked Pork Loin Chops

Started by Tenpoint5, March 23, 2009, 12:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

I went freezer diving and found a Pork Loin down on the bottom. Thawed it out and found it still had the bone attached.

I got to looking and said to myself, "Self we gonna have us a small rack of Baby Backs for a snack on" Boned out the Loin and cut off the Baby Backs.

Everybody sitting there getting happy while the Bradley Smoker comes up to temp.

I will take the loins up to 145 IT then pull and chill. Then I will cut them into 1/2-3/4 inch pork chops for on the grill later. Will post a pic of them all sliced up.

After a couple of hours at the Party.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

A twofer!!  Score!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

Party's all over. I had to pick the kids up from school, so the IT got to 155*. Brought in the Loin and let it rest for an hour. Sliced and Vac sealed. Really Really Juicy, as you can see from the pics.

Oh yeah the RIBS. Well my Camera was drooling it would seem cause the picture didn't turn out worth a Damn but I'll post it anywho

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smokin Soon

That one puts me in "pork heaven". I have really never seen a loin lke that. Was that a butcher shop purchase?

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Smokin Soon on March 23, 2009, 05:07:59 PM
That one puts me in "pork heaven". I have really never seen a loin lke that. Was that a butcher shop purchase?

SS,
There's 3 more of these fella's down there. So I do believe they is from the Hog I had butchered. So they would be from the locker plant. For $85 I don't expect them to make all the pretty cuts like they do in the stores.

Smokin Soon

Thanks for the info, Tenpoint. If you had a whole hog butchered for $85.00, you got a deal! I wish they had those companies around now that my Parents used. They would supply you with a chest freezer if you agreed to buy a certain amount every month. You could order whatever you want, or go with package deals designed for family's.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Smokin Soon on March 23, 2009, 05:29:28 PM
Thanks for the info, Tenpoint. If you had a whole hog butchered for $85.00, you got a deal! I wish they had those companies around now that my Parents used. They would supply you with a chest freezer if you agreed to buy a certain amount every month. You could order whatever you want, or go with package deals designed for family's.

SS,
I can buy a package deal of either beef or pork at the grocery store we go to for around $100. I prefer to buy a hog from the local farmers for $100 and then get it butchered. Can usually get 'em cheaper if they have one that has a bad leg or something causing them not to get full market value.

HCT

Man o manacheviez, they look tasty. Drool bucket is right here with me. :D :D
Now I'll look in the freezer for a pork loin. ;)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

sherlock

Do you grill or fry them further or just warm them up when you are ready to eat them?

I am drooling now.

I WANT MEAT NOW............................ ;D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: sherlock on March 24, 2009, 11:14:21 AM
Do you grill or fry them further or just warm them up when you are ready to eat them?

I am drooling now.

I WANT MEAT NOW............................ ;D
I usually throw them on the grill to get the grill marks and heat them through. Momma has pan fried them to heat them but I prefer the grill.

Smokin Soon

When I lived in Indiana, pork deals were a dime a dozen. In California they do not exist. Want some nice thick chops? Sure, go to Whole Foods and pay 10 bucks per chop. In this economy I think some of the wholesale suppliers might break their rule of not selling to home users. Even the Costco prices have jumped sky high.

seemore

10.5 looks good save me some  ;D
seemre

sherlock

Going freezer diving tonight.