Looking for some suggestions on quick cooks

Started by BigFella, March 25, 2009, 01:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigFella

I'm going to have some buddies over tomorrow night to hang out and watch some of the basketball games (Villanova is playing).  I'm looking for some suggestions for what to make?  I get off work at 4pm and want to have food ready by 8-9pm.

I'm going to do some ABT's for sure.  Our local grocery has chicken on sale, so I thought of doing some smoked then flash fried chicken wings. 

Also, how long would a beer can chicken take in the OBS?  I didn't see it in the recipe site. 

Thanks everybody!

Habanero Smoker

Sorry! I can't help you with the time on can chicken in the OBS.

I do have a suggestion for dip. This recipe is real good. I use either use one pound of smoked chicken breast or pulled pork chopped up fine instead of the can chicken. You can also use Swiss or cheddar cheese, instead of blue cheese. Or search the internet for other versions of this recipe.

Buffalo Chicken Dip

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Smokin Soon

Wings, fattys, crackers,smoked cheese and Beer does it every time. Pickled eggs if your brave! ;D

Tenpoint5

Try this with your chips I really like it for my Fish Taco's

Pico de Gallo

2 Jalapenos, sliced and diced                                         1 Lime, squeezed
4 Large red tomatoes, sliced and diced                         Olive Oil, 2-3 tblspns
ΒΌ Onion, diced                                                               Spice to taste
Cilantro, Put leaves in cup and chop with scissors          Minced Garlic

Mix all together and let set before serving. Great with Chips, Meat, Bread, Rice, Pasta........

ADD IN'S:  Some different ingredients to give a little different taste when added
Sour Cream, Avocado, Black beans, Mango, Sugar or Honey
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Ka Honu

Depending on how well you like these people, cold-smoking some steaks (2 pucks) before grilling them is always a good choice.