• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoked sausage treats

Started by seemore, March 28, 2009, 07:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

We had some hard boiled eggs and a few Syracuse Salt potatoes left over.  We covered them with sausage, then sprinkled Cajun seasoning on them.  We put them in the smoker at 200 degrees for two hours with mesquite - you know, the FORBIDDEN wood.  Here they are:

The sausage wrapped potatoes are out of this world!  Seemore wants a milk gravy over these in the morning with a couple fried eggs.

Habanero Smoker

Now the potatoes sound real good. Looks like you used Baby Golden Yukon. I guess you would call them Syracuse Eggs. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Buck36

The Syracuse Egg - I like it!!

Sausage and potato fatty is one heck of a combination. Nice work and thanks for the pics.

car54

Seemore,

I think I'll have to try that. It's making me hungry!

Brad

Up In Smoke

seemore,
those look awesome...sausage and taters with milk gravy MMMMMM!!!!!!!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

pensrock

Tenpoint5

What times Breakfast? The roads are a little icey, but We're used to it.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

car54

Sunday I tried a variation of these. I took a pearl onion and oven roasted it, wrapped with sausage and then smoked. They turned out fair. I roasted the onion to long and the sausage over powered it. Next time I will use a larger onion (golf ball to egg size), partially roast it and use ground beef instead of sausage. It think the beef will not over power the onion.

Brad

Caneyscud

Car,

You do know when you perfect these things there will have to be knicknamed.  I was thinking along the same lines.  I had found some small bulb vidalias still with the greens on.  Thinking about wrapping those in sausage and smoking - but dang it - I forgot about them this weekend - dang getting gray headed sometimes sucks!

About to cry - no not because of onions.  But 500 posts - I'm now a Sr. Member!-- sniff sniff -- Proud day in my life - I want to thank all the little people who made me what I am today!  :-*

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"