• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Easter Weekend Doin's

Started by Caneyscud, April 13, 2009, 10:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

I'm whupped, but Friday night and Saturday were grand days - even after dodging the tornadoes.  We had 5 or 6 tornadoes around here, Nashville, on Friday.  I had a couple of friends houses get hit, and several friends whose houses were spared, but were within a block or two of the path.  I think we had two deaths which was amazing considering the time and track.  Unfortunately the deaths were a young mother and her nine week old child.  The dad is alive, but barely holding on with a broken back.  If he lives, I'm gonna have to get some people together and build him a house!  But this weekend a group of my friends were getting together and honor some of our wounded soldiers.  We did not let the weather stop us - even the guy that had his house hit.  We entertained them, took them fishing the best we could, and fed them among other things.  As I can't sing a note or play any instrument, I volunteered to cook/smoke for 50 people, while we were camping below Center Hill Dam on the Caney Fork River.  Long story short - Hamburgers and brats off my Traeger for Friday night.  Breakfast Burritos for Sat. Breakfast, and Barbecue for Sat. evening.  Smoked 1-14# brisket, 1-17# shoulder clod, 2- 9# butts, 8# of fatties, 10# or yardbird thighs, and 60-70 - moinkballs.  Pics are below

Breakfast burritos cooking - chorizo on left, and for the wusses - regular breakfast sausage on the right!

Bandera - Butts on top, Clod in middle, and Brisket on bottom - about 10 hours into a 19 hour smoke

Thighs marinated in Italian dressing and sprinkled with rosemary/garlic rub on traeger

Some of the fatties - Bacon Explosion in front - on traeger

Moinkballs prepped and ready for the traeger

Moinkballs on the traeger

Moinkball closeup

Slicing the clod

Sliced clod

One of the Auction Items we had (among a NuCanoe, a bamboo fly rod and lots of other fly gear and guided trips) was an autographed Epiphone - autographed by the Kings of Leon.  Some of you might know them, but if one of my friends wasn't their cousin and in charge of their security, I wouldn't have ever heard of them!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

Look's like a bunch of well fed VET's. My hat's off to you Caney. On to the next project!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

westexasmoker

Very nice indeed Caney!  I bet you are beat!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

sherlock

Quote[I think we had two deaths which was amazing considering the time and track.  Unfortunately the deaths were a young mother and her nine week old child.  The dad is alive, but barely holding on with a broken back.  If he lives, I'm gonna have to get some people together and build him a house!]Quote

Carney

You are indeed one of America's TRUE hero's

S