Need advice!

Started by Caneyscud, May 13, 2009, 06:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

In a month and a half, my 30th anniversary will be here.  Yes, I'm surprised also - how could anyone put up with a blowhard like me for 30 years?  Well, let me tell ya, she ain't no saint - can we say minnowpaws?  But she is my life, I love her more deeply now than when we first got married.  She is my partner and friend and the closeness we share is priceless.  I've cried with her, I've showered her with gifts, I've accepted - in fact, embraced our differences, I've walked with her, I've made her lox, I've accepted the pet cats, I have even tried to placate her mom (even though she offered my wife $20,000 not to marry me), but none of that seems enough for someone you love so dearly.  The best gift would be to erase the things that I have done that have made her mad or to take back the hurtful things I have said, but, unfortunately I know that can't be done.  I want to start the next 30 years on a great note.  So what are some good ideas for our anniversary.  She is not the oooey-goooey romantic type, so keep that in mind.  Chocolates and a dozen red roses will likely be thrown in my face.  I've thought about renting a nice convertible for the day and drive out to the country (sorta) and dine in a floating restaurant on a lake about an hour or so away.  She likes plays, but the middle of summer is generally off-season and is hard to find one.  Might do the drive and dinner and then the next weekend slip off for a little long weekend vacation.  Get those teabags out and give me some ideas - PLEASE!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

NePaSmoKer

I got my wife an edible arrangement and she loved it. Its not the best thing but it made her happy. One can only have so much bling before it gets old.

And happy 30th anniversary too.

nepas

Tenpoint5

Print off what you just wrote and give it to her or read it to her. We men usually never tell the women folk in our lives what we think and feel about them. I tried it for my 10th with my wife and she said it was the best evening we have spent together.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

DTJ

A couple of years ago my wife was celebrating her 30th birthday. However a few days before her grandfather, whom she was very close too and worked along side daily in a family business, passed away.  Needless to say it was not the right time to celebrate.  A couple of months later was our 5th anniversary so I knew I had to do something special to celebrate both.  I decided to surprise her with a hot air balloon ride.  She knew nothing abou it until we pulled up to the launching area and she saw the balloons. It was Fantastic.  It was something we had talked about while dating as one of those  things to do before you die.    There was a champane toast with fruit, cheese and crackers after we landed, which I understand is a ballooning tradition.  Afterwards we spent the day together and went to a new restaurant for dinner.  Was a day to remember. It is hard to describe the expirence...definetely worth looking into.  I also might add I am afraid of heoghts and it did not bother me at all.

Filling up

Taking off

In flight

Just landed

Ka Honu

Whatever you choose to do, do not buy her a kitchen or housekeeping appliance!

pensrock

Quote from: Ka Honu on May 13, 2009, 09:24:15 AM
Whatever you choose to do, do not buy her a kitchen or housekeeping appliance!

That sounds like first hand experience talking.  ??? ;D ;D

Caneyscud

DTJ, funny you mentioned the balloon.  Saw two in the sky yesterday, and that is what got me thinking about the anniversary.  I'm seriously considering it. 

KH - my Dad taught me well - I have been tempted to get her a fly rod or new shotgun, but thought better.  Did get her a drill with a hand chuck on it --- she actually had it on her list though - so it was SAFE.  Lets see the two that I did get a lot of grief over was lingerie - it's been 28 years and haven't done that again!  Oh also gave her a trip to an Antique Show up in the Adirondaks.  She claimed - well never mind - just suffice to say the non-refundable ticket was painful!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Up In Smoke

CS,
you mentioned your wife likes plays.
maybe a dinner theater after the convertible ride....something you both can participate in.
just a thought.   
                               jerry
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Wildcat

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on May 13, 2009, 07:04:33 AM
Print off what you just wrote and give it to her or read it to her. We men usually never tell the women folk in our lives what we think and feel about them. I tried it for my 10th with my wife and she said it was the best evening we have spent together.

This was my thought as well except I recommend that after she reads it you simply ask what could the two of you do or purchase that would make her day.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

sherlock

How about "Honeymoon Two" if its not cost prohibitive. Spend the night at the same hotel, same room, do the same things, etc, etc, etc............

8)

KyNola

Hey CS,
I know you have been cut back on your work but it is your wife's 30th anniversary.  Call the Hermitage Hotel at 6th and Union, book a junior suite or go whole hog and book the full suite.  You can get all kinds of very elegant neat things to pamper your wife there.  When Jan and I come to Nashville for a  very special weekend, that's where we stay.  It is so very special and the service there is incredible.

KyNola