Cold smoked ribeyes...

Started by ExpatCanadian, May 20, 2009, 09:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExpatCanadian

Did a couple of cold smoked ribeyes last night.  Had a craving for a good steak, so picked up a couple on the way home. Decided to give them a 40 minute smoke with mesquite.  Wanted to keep it cold, so I added a tray of ice under the steak tray.  Refrigerated them until my wife got home then slapped 'em on the grill to medium rare perfection (sorry, was hungry at that point so no photo  ;))  I would have discovered my heating element problem last night if I'd been hot smoking...

Anyway, personally, I liked it....  but my wife's comment was something along the lines of "Did you use cigarette smoke on these??"  So, I guess she doesn't like mesquite!!  And the worst of it is, when I went out a little later to clean up and cover the smoker, I opened the door and be d@mned if I couldn't smell "cigarette" smoke now that she said it.  The powers of suggestion hey!?  Anyway, I'm gonna have to go easy on the mesquite in future I think, but whatever, lots of other choices!

bsheger

I cold smoke most all my steaks before grilling.  20 minutes of mesquite and then to the grill to cook.  Can't beat tit.

ExpatCanadian

Ha ha ha...  I love typos.  You're right...  you can't beat ____!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Maybe 20 minutes is the ticket....  I do like Mesquite, but it's definately in a league of it's own amongst the rest of the bisquette collection.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KyNola

I saw that earlier and was SO going to leave that alone.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Wondered who was not going to be able to resist.  TD, you may have blown up your smoker but still have your sense of humor!  :D  :D  :D

KyNola