• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

OBS generator for sale

Started by slate, May 27, 2009, 06:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slate

Hi All, I have a used once generator for sale.

kaz

Did you ever figure out what caused your fire? I'm awaiting the delivery of my (first) OBS and have learned a BUNCH from this group of postings ..... including responses to your unfortunate event. I saw one post that suggested it was an empty water pan ------ I'll remember that for my checklist!!
Since this happened on your first use of your Bradley ....... and I have yet to use one ...... I'm REALLY interested in what you learned as to the cause.
In keeping with trusting the #&!! out the good folks on this forum, I've ordered, and received a PID and a Maverick E73 Thermometer ................. and I'll go through the manual carefully ...... but I really don't want a fire!!!
Again, sorry for your event ....... but what can you tell us rookies?
KAZ

NePaSmoKer

There are a few reasons you would have a fire.

1. Water bowl completly empty causing pucks to ignite.
2. Grease dripping on the smoldering pucks in the empty water bowl.
3. V-tray not properly installed IE upside down.
4. High heat with the vent closed.
5. High heat limit switch not working.
6. All of the above.

I'm sure i might have left something out.

This is why i never do an overnight smoke.

nepas

IKnowWood

Don't forget, smoker tipping back some this allowing for possible drips to flow into the heating elements.
and, Product touching the sides of the cabinet, thus also allowing the grease to flow to the heating element.

And these are with the electric Bradley, the Propane one has a few more.

But in general, learn of folks, apply that knowledge, be diligent, be mindful of what your doing and how its working, and share your results to extend that knowledge.  some times you got to be able to read the smoke at its rolling to consider what can happen and not.  and be prepared and respond to issues before they are problems.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes