• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Who uses gloves?

Started by RammerJammer, May 31, 2009, 11:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RammerJammer

I have searched the forum unsuccessfully for a glove that can be used to handle meat when it is hot - specifically for pulling pork butts. I found a pair of nice blue PVC gloves at Lowes that have no odor. I can't stand the thought of using a thick latex as they smell like latex.

I saw a few post where some are using gloves for raw prep - a great idea, but are any of you using gloves to actually handle hot meat. If so, recommendations and links would be greatly appreciated.
Aren't the four basic food groups beef, beer, bacon, and baked potatoes?

love the smoke

doesn't Ron Popeal sell some I have seen him use some on TV before
LTS

Habanero Smoker

I don't use my hands to pull the pork so I don't need gloves. I use bear (meat) claws. The easily pull the pork, and keep your hands safe from the heat. There are many models on  the market. I have use this type for several years.

Meat Claws

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Buck36

I buy the nitrile gloves at Costco. When pulling pork I double up the gloves and it gives enough heat protection for me.

NePaSmoKer

I use bear claws too. They are good for grabbing large cuts of smoked meat too. You can get em on ebay or cabelas.

nepas

Gizmo

Raichlen also sells a hot food handling glove.  I have not noticed an oder from them. 

http://store.grilling4all.com/sm8037.html
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Smokin Soon

Thanks Giz , that might be just what I was looking for. I bought some gloves for meat handling and mixing as my hands were going numb very quickly after mixing 5 pounds of sausage, but they lack the dexterity
of pulling o pork butt. Might just have to try a pair!

RammerJammer

Thanks Gizmo, I knew I had seen some somewhere or read a reference on the forum. I appreciate you heading me back in the right direction.
Aren't the four basic food groups beef, beer, bacon, and baked potatoes?