• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

London Broil Jerky

Started by NePaSmoKer, June 13, 2009, 05:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

I make allot of my jerky from London Broil. This week the local market had a sale on LB for $1.49lb so i bought 25lbs  ;D

This pile of jerky was 5lbs (before smoking/shrinking) So it cost me $7.49 and around $1.10 for the items used to make my marinade. Total for 5lbs $8.59. Go try to buy this much jerky for that much. I don't think so  ;D  Besides mine is far more superior than store bought  ;D

Sorry for the bad pic.

The 1lb of jerky by itself is jerk jerky

nepas

Up In Smoke

Nepas,
i agree.. i have 5 lbs of London broil in the marinade right now.
dryin tomorrow.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Gizmo

Must be a London Broil Trifecta.
I have just over 5lbs that just finished in the dehydrator.  Dry cure and seasonings.  Maple Cure from B&P, Jerky Seasoning from Spice Barn.  I added a few extras as well.

Major Market had a sale as well.  I think it was $1.69 a lb.

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

This was a jerky weekend  ;D  :D

nepas

Smokin Soon

I have never thought about using the B&P Maple cure on beef. What is the flavor like? Is it somewhat like a pastrami taste? I have a big bucket of that stuff, might give this a go.

Gizmo

I like the flavor but the jerky is pretty salty with the Spice Barn seasoning.  Was thinking it was from the amount of the cure but I double checked the numbers several times on the amount to use.  Called B&P and they confirmed the amount was correct.  After re-tasting the Spice Barn seasoning, I determined it was very salty (number one ingredient).  B&P guy suggested using the regular cure and adding maple flavoring as you have more control over the flavor and using a less salty spice blend. 
B&P has a special spice blend that they have created for them.  They don't sell it on the web.  You have to call.  I am going to try it.  The guy said it is not as salty as most commercial blends.  They are going to call me tomorrow to get my order.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/