• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

DBS6 Temp Swing

Started by HawkeyeSmokes, June 16, 2009, 06:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HawkeyeSmokes

Hi all,

After reading a lot of posts about the temp swings on the DBS smokers, I decided to check mine. After preheating and loading it with about 14lb of meat this is what I found. Temp variation of about 25 deg from the Bradley to a remote thermometer. OK, so as I continued to monitor it, the temps got closer and closer. After about 2 hours, they were about 5deg apart. Guessing most of that was from the probe locations. By then the smoker had reached the max temp I set if for and guess what? It cycled off and dropped 20 deg. I was expecting that any way.

Since I was planning to finish the cook time in my kitchen oven, I decided to see what the temp swing was in it. So I preheated it, checked the temps and the swing was over 30 deg. And it continued to be that far off after 4 more hours. Hmm, 20 versus 30, I'm not to smart but would rather see a 20 deg swing over 30 any day.

The smoke turned out great.

Just a little food for thought about the DBS. Doesn't seem so bad from what I have Seen.
HawkeyeSmokes

lumpy

What was the temperature of the 14LBs of meat.
This can effect the temp a great deal.

Lumpy

HawkeyeSmokes

Hi Lumpy,

Didn't check the temp of the meat before loading the smoker. It was out of the refrigerator about 45 min before going in. Not complaining about the DBS6 at all. Just pointing out that my kitchen oven had a much larger temp swing and that was with the meat coming from the smoker.
HawkeyeSmokes

OU812

I have the DBS6 and have noticed the temp swing at the start but as the product gets closer to the cabnet temp the swings get smaller and at the end the temp holds pretty steady.