• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Having a brain fart.. Need PID hookup help

Started by Beerbrewer, June 20, 2009, 01:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beerbrewer

Ok,
    Went to Old's place, got instructions for DIY PID.Then went to auberins.com, got needed supplys, PID, thermocouple, etc. Put everything together last nite. Plugged it in to outlet, works fine.I then connected to OBS,but with this configuration (wiring) it cycles the smoke generator on and off along with the heating element in the smoke tower.The problem is with the smoke generator cycling on and off, the pucks never burn fully and are not advancing after 20 min..What have I done wrong?? hey, I can brew award winning beer but when it comes to this stuff I'm kinda lost.. ??? Thanks in advance for any help, Bob the brewer.
"They always talk of my drinking, but not of my thirst"

Habanero Smoker

The generator gets plugged directly into an outlet. The PID gets plugged into an outlet, and the cabinet get plugged directly into the PID. If you have the newer Bradley you need to change the power cord that comes out of the back of the cabinet. You will need to use a power cord that is use on desk top computers.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Beerbrewer

AHHH yes.. Thank you much Habanero smoker, you are a life saver.. The brain smells much better now.Figured they changed the connection on the back of smoker since the original post.If ever in W. Ma. I'll hook you up with the best tasting beer around. Homebrew, smoked ribs, life is good... :P
"They always talk of my drinking, but not of my thirst"

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)