Preparing for Super Bowl Sunday

Started by nsxbill, February 03, 2005, 01:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nsxbill

My plans for Super Bowl Sunday include the following items to be served as the faire du jour:

Smoked Chicken Wings with BBQ sauce or Ranch or a nice Vidalia Onion sauce with a little fire added to make them hot... kind of like the Philadelphia Eagles will be on Feb 6!

Have to try some meatballs smoked first then into a crock pot with BBQ sauce http://forum.bradleysmoker.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1002&SearchTerms=meatballs.

Might prepare, in advance some ABT's in the little Italian peppers.

We expect 6 family to watch and Christen the 60" Sony LCD in High Definition to Super Bowl action.   Got it last year after the Super Bowl..had to be ordered and didn't get until March.  I'm going to write it to a DVD after recording it....wish I had one of the newer TiVos that will record in HD!

Half time will Grill some sirloin strips and serve with scalloped potatoes and a nice green salad with Blue Cheese or Italian.

Of course, the beer will flow.  I'm drinking Alaskan Amber or maybe crack the seal on the JD Single Barrel.  My son and son-in-law will probably go with Sierra-Nevada Ale!

It should be most excellent!

GO EAGLES!

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

BigSmoker

Bill,
I wish I could make it to California for the Super Bowl but...

I guess I'll have to make do with my old style 51" big screen [:D].

The single bareel sounds yummy[:p].

Lots of friends lately rubbing their steaks with mustard then the rub/spices.  Seems to make a nice crust.

Unfortunately I feel the Pats will take the crown?

Jeff
//www.bbqshopping.com

[/url]
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

nsxbill

Lately I have been using a marinade for steak made up of:

1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
6 tsp. McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning

Let marinate for 30-45 minutes prior to grilling - I use a vacuum sealed marinator that infuses the spice pretty well.  Truly outstanding flavor!

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

nsxbill

Just saw this posted up on another recipe site, and thought I would post it up as possibility for side dish for Super Bowl Sunday

Jack in the Beans

A good pot of beans goes with just about anything off the grill or out of the smoker.

1 small onion, chopped
2 tablespoons bacon drippings or oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/3 cup Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
1 (28-ounce) can pork and beans
1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional

Heat oil in large skillet.

Stir in onion and brown sugar.

Cook, stirring frequently, over medium-low heat until onion is golden brown, about 5 minutes.

Stir in remaining ingredients, simmer 20 to 30 minutes.  

I think I am going to dice up some smoked bacon from my last Bacon Wrapped Breasts into the beans...forget about simmering, and put a pan of beans in with the wings and meat balls.  With bacon on the top shelf dripping into the beans down below, should be pretty tasty!

Makes 6 servings.

Bill

GO EAGLES!

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>

tsquared

I've got 15 lbs of spring salmon sliced and in the brine to pull out at 11 and air dry overnight. Into the smoker some time tomorrow and ready for the Superbowl. My buddy wants to compare Kummok's recipe to the stuff he gets done commercially. Ha! I don't have  a clue who will win the football game but I know who is going to win the smoked salmon contest![:D] BTW I'm going to try drying the strips out a bit in my food dehydrator either before or after smoking, I'll see how that goes. I'm also bringing pulled pork for sangies...It's going to be a good day...
Tom