• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Timer problems

Started by chabrown, June 22, 2009, 02:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chabrown

I am doing my first actual smoking. I pressed the Advance Bisquette button for the first time and the puck advanced. However, after 20-minutes, it did not advance again. I had to press the button again to manually advance it.

Anyone else run into this problem?

Many thanks,
Charles

Habanero Smoker

Hi Charles;

Welcome to the forum.

If you waited exactly 20 minutes it may not advance at that moment. It could be as long as 23 minutes.

But if there is a mechanical problem you can check out the FAQ section on the recipe site.

FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

chabrown

It is odd. It doesn't happen all the time. In a 4 hour smoke I had to manually advance the pucks twice. I wonder if I should let Bradley know.

Many thanks,
Charles

Habanero Smoker

Whether it is on warranty or not, yes definitely let Bradley know. When it doesn't advance the bisquettes as scheduled, can you hear the motor running? Is it trying to advance the bisquette, but the bisquette is not dropping down, or the shuttle is not retracting back far enough for the bisquette to drop down. That will be helpful information when you contact Bradley. The admin Brian monitors this forum quite regularly, he may also spot this post and reply.

If it is happening occasionally, it also can be "warped" bisquettes. If the bisquettes are expose to too much humidity, or other sources of moisture they may swell and that can interfere with them advancing properly.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on June 23, 2009, 01:46:51 AM
Whether it is on warranty or not, yes definitely let Bradley know. When it doesn't advance the bisquettes as scheduled, can you hear the motor running? Is it trying to advance the bisquette, but the bisquette is not dropping down, or the shuttle is not retracting back far enough for the bisquette to drop down. That will be helpful information when you contact Bradley. The admin Brian monitors this forum quite regularly, he may also spot this post and reply.

If it is happening occasionally, it also can be "warped" bisquettes. If the bisquettes are expose to too much humidity, or other sources of moisture they may swell and that can interfere with them advancing properly.

Hi Charles

Please feel free to give me a call at the office 1-800-665-4188
Hab's has asked you the questions I will need answers to.
One other thing to check is make sure you feeder tube is pushed all the way down,a bisquette can hang up on the lip that supports the tube if it is not pushed down all the way.

Brian

chabrown

Hey Brian:

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I was away for a couple of days.

I will give you a call today.

The issue is not the motor. It just doesn't start the advancing process periodically. In a 4 hour smoke, I had to manually hit the button twice for the process to work. It was as if the timer never triggered. When I did hit the button, the next 20-minute cycle was fine.