• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

easier cleanup

Started by twl, July 02, 2009, 11:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twl

Hi all,
This morning I discovered a trick that is an aid in cleaning the door seal and sealing surface on my DBS. The door is held in place using a hinge pin up thru the frame bottom and a second hinge pin in the door going down thru a bracket at the top. The lower pin is held in using a "c" clip just above the frame with the door free. At the top the hinge pin is "c" clipped below the bracket preventing the door from being removed. By removing the "c" clip from the top, the door may be removed from the tower by simply lifting away. Once removed cleaning is made easy. Reinstalling the door requires simply droping the door back onto the pin at the bottom and inserting the hinge pin thru the bracket at the top. The weight of the door will hold the hinges in place. There is no need for the "c" clip at the top. If you just leave off the pin at the top the door may be removed for cleaning and reinstalled easily. Try it, you'll like it. :)
twl
twl, Bayview, Idaho, USA

Mr Walleye

Excellent idea TWL.

I have mine permanently installed in my heated garage so the DBS is never moved. This would be an excellent idea for me.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes