• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Scallop chowder

Started by manxman, July 01, 2009, 02:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

Had some sea scallops last night.  Seared them the best I could.  Took them out of the pan.  Sliced up 6 green onions with the green part and put in the pan with the leftover oil and scallop juices.  When the onions were sweated put more EVOO in and put a half of a package of cream cheese in to melt.  When melted add a good bit of granulated garlic and 4 or 5 tablespoons of Pesto.  Mix together in the pan.  Add some milk to loosen up.  When all is melted and heated put scallops on plate and spoon some of the pesto/cream cheese sauce over them.  Pretty tasty for a made up dish!!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

manxman

QuotePretty tasty for a made up dish!!

Sounds great Caneyscud, made up dishes are often the best. Problem comes when you try to do them again, I am really bad for writing things down.  ::) :-[
Manxman

manxman

QuoteI am definitely a seafood rookie but this sounds really great.
on a skill level scale of one to ten how would you rank it?
1 being the easiest.

I would rate any of the recipes here in this post as around  2 - 4 /10, all quick and easy to do but just that some have more ingredients than others to get together.

To me the big thing with seafood in general is not to overcook it .......... overcooked scallops have the texture and taste of erasures IMHO!!  ;) :D
Manxman

rdevous

Can someone convert the milk and cream measurements?  The butter works out to be 2 oz. but can't figure out the milk and cream.  Heavy or light cream?

I love scallops!

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

Mr Walleye

rdevous

I'm not sure on the heavy or light cream but here are the conversions...

600 millilitre = 20.2884135 ounce [US, liquid]

300 millilitre = 10.1442068 ounce [US, liquid]

There is a great conversion program online at the recipe site. I believe you have to be a member to use it so you might have to join. Here is the link. It's third from the right on the button bar, "Converters".

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

FLBentRider

Mike beat me to the conversion.

I think single cream is between half and half and cream.

Here are the definitions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_cream
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

rdevous

Mike,...Thanks for the conversion.  I am a member there too.  Will check out the conversion area.

FLB...thanks...Half and half will work. 

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

manxman

QuoteHeavy or light cream?

I would say light cream. We have two standard types on this side of the pond, single and double cream, which I assume would equate to light and heavy?

The milk I used is full fat milk, not semi skimmed or skimmed but that is down to personnal choice.  :)
Manxman