• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ribs on the rim

Started by OU812, July 13, 2009, 10:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Went out to the deer camp this weekend to to unwind and help the land owner with some things around the place. So we brought some ribs and cooked them over an open pit. We had 2 racks of baby's and 2 racks of spares that I cut into st. louis style. Rubbed with brown sugar and some rub I made up, its in the Lawry's bottle. The baby's are done and resting on the right. now were on the spares.
Got a good bed of hard wood going in the combine rim.

Got the spares on to get a jump start on the baby's

The smoker working at its best gotta love it. Did these with Apple.

Through on the baby's and some Once and Future Beans. The ribs and beans are done you really need to stay on top of things with the brown sugar in there they look burnt but believe me there not.

Show time.

The ribs were so tender and moist the beans had a nice hint of smoke and the store bought tater salad hit the spot now its time to sit around the fire and tie one on, if you no what I mean.  :D

mikecorn.1

Man that looks good. Whata feast.  :)
Mike

NePaSmoKer

WOWSERS

I second that freakin awesome.

nepas

Tenpoint5

Freakin awesome is an understatement. Every now and then you have to do one of them Old School smokes!! Or is that a Bubba Smoke?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Habanero Smoker

I can only think about awesome also. Unique setup.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Thanks guys, we call it the hillbilly smoker, all made from scraps we had laying around. It didn't cost us a thing even the wood is cut up from fallen trees on the property.
Been doing it this way for many years, this old dog does a pretty good brisket also.
We had wings and brats for lunch wile we were building the bed of coals.

smokeitall

Man that looks great.  I just got done cooking over an open fire all weekend when we took the kids camping.  Homemade brats, burgers, hot dogs, bacon, etc....love it.

dilly

Good times right there... 8)
My meat goes from field to table by my own hands.

lumpy

Nice looking feast. With all the beans consumed.........hunt camp was probably the best place to be ;)

Lumpy

OU812

Needless to say the morning was musical.

We had what I call the hunters special for breakfast.
Its 1 lb bacon, 1 lb sausage, 1 lg onion, 1 lg green pepper, 1 lb baby red potatos and 1 doz eggs.

jrunyon22

haha im jealous nothing like sitting around bbq and tying one on! ribs looked great!

Caribou

OU812!
Yum what a great looking batch of ribs!
Breakfast looks good too.
I still use my dad's Coleman stove that runs on white gas, too.
Do you have a camo RV?

Carolyn

Smokin Soon

Good friends, the great outdoors, good eats and good booze! It just does not get any better than that! I really miss that.